2a string length, how do you get them EXACT same length when cutting?

I keep trying to make them perfectly the same but cant figure out how to make it exact. Ones like 7 centimeters longer than the other.

Measure carefully, tie the knot the same every time… :speak_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

1 Like

This is an option:

I found this is something I got better with as I kept doing it. I try to focus on physically going through the same motions when I tie the knot, as tying the knot itself is the biggest source of variability. I also usually tolerate up to a half inch of variance and always throw the shorter string on my non-dominant hand.

I got lazy and just bought Sochi Loop string. The length is maybe a touch longer than I like, but I can just string up and go.

4 Likes

Thanks for the link to a looping string i may just go that route for conistency haha

2 Likes

I sometimes put two strings on one Yo-yo so I can look at the length very closely. Even if you’re cutting them for 2a, you could put them on an unresponsive For measuring.

As far as the actual measuring goes, I’m pretty sure if you measure from the very end of the loop, you’ll get the same string length, even if your knots are a little differently sized. So, put the two strings on the same yoyo, and fold one and tie a knot, then fold the other at the same point, and tie it.

I may be wrong about the size of the loop, but i think the fold of the top of the slipknot is What determines the length.

2 Likes

Use a story stick! Grab a long thin piece of wood, toss a nail on one end, get your ideal string length, put the end on the nail like you would a bearing, and put a nail on the other side where the string ends up after you stretch it out the length of the stick. Label and repeat for all your string lengths. Stole this idea from a discord just yesterday.

For maximum consistency, stretch all of your string before cutting.

7 Likes

Yes pre stretch strings for looping or they will change length on you over time

2 Likes

Wow thanks for this advice guys i didnt even think of that!!