2A Discussion Thread

I’ve been really enjoying my No Jive Purgatory pair running cotton Type 8 at 76mm string length and Turbo Disk inside. I’m planning on setting up my Yomega Raiders tomorrow on 2A Tuesday, they have Red 720 spacers inside and I’m going to experiment with some yellow Slick-6 at 76mm since I’m coming off of the wood and Fixed Axle February. After a full year of Tuesdays, I just know 2A is hard and the grind is real. Persistence is key and its awesome when I get a breakthrough. I can finally Milk the Cow and do some odd syncopation stuff, but still struggle with Tangler, even through I can do a few of the other wrap tricks. I do enjoy the grind of counting and the reps. If I were to give any advice, don’t just concentrate on inside loops, looping is all of the outside, hops, stalls, moons and around the worlds combined. There is a strength and muscle memory component to it. Sometimes I just fake it and throw alternating forward passes, the kids watching me at the park don’t even know the difference.

3 Likes