2024 World YoYo Contest

I’m interested in going to the World YoYo Contest with it coming back to the US next year. I have never been to any competition before so not sure what to expect. Is there like a trade show/booth portion where companies and manufacturers will set up? What’s the average attendance for Cleveland? Is it worth going all four days or just the second couple days for the finals?
I appreciate any insight!

8 Likes

I’d be happy to answer what questions I can after going to 2019 worlds.

Is there like a trade show/booth portion where companies and manufacturers will set up?
Yes! There are many booths that are setup and operated by different yoyo companies that sponsor the event. There are typically some new releases and/or engravings/colorways done exclusively for worlds (and found at online retailers later on usually).

What’s the average attendance for Cleveland?
I’m not sure if an exact number is said, but there are hundreds of competitors and attendees.

Is it worth going all four days or just the second couple days for the finals?
It really depends on if you are going there just to see people compete, hang out with friends, shop at the vendors, etc. If you want to experience every portion of worlds, from wildcards to finals, you need to bee there all four days. The main reasons to be there day 1 and 2 is for wildcards and prelims, and any opening parties that happen. Last time, companies got together and did some Basecamp yoyos again and did a Basecamp release party day 2 at a pinball arcade that was a blast.

Hope this helps!

8 Likes

Sweet, thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Great info about what to do in Cleveland. Does anyone know how to get tickets or when they become available? Thanks

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any info like that yet. I found this site just going to check it periodically.

Thanks, I’ll check that site for changes as well.

i’m already planning for this event, put in my vacation time today. i believe this is the hotel it will be in but if anyone can confirm or correct me please do.

Renaissance Cleveland Hotel
24 Public Square,
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

4 Likes

Big hype! I also put in for my time off today…let’s go!!!

Did they get a room block this year like they did in 2019? Or is it everyone for themselves in terms of booking a room

If they have in the past I’m sure they will set a block up again. The site is nothing but a save the date at this point. Hopefully, we’ll get some more info by Spring.

1 Like