2020 String Fling!

So this happened…

295e88e8-f0c3-4f6a-aaef-51f5bb962b5d_200x200

Anyone know a place to get stickers made for cheap? I’d love to throw these in the packages.

8 Likes

Do it I’m kinda stoked on this , been making and would like to see what’s out there I don’t buy string I’ve only used Kitty normal & thick and myy ,once I noticed I can make my own … possibilities

1 Like

For a really small quantity the cheapest way is to buy sticker labels and print them out yourself.

3 Likes

I’m in! Sounds like fun. Now to see if I can come up with a special color way or something different.

4 Likes

Count me in; this sounds fun!

1 Like

I’m not sure what price point you have in mind, but you might check out VistaPrint.

2 Likes

Oooh! That’s cool! Vistaprint does okay stickers. Rockin Monkey can do 25 for $15 but they’re super high quality vinyl stickers.

5 Likes

Good looming out, J. I’ll check that out.

1 Like

Are pepole interested in a thicker or thinner string

1 Like

Thicker is my personal preference.

1 Like

gonna spin up some string now! but i have a question so ik your supposed to have a 12 foot rig then you reduce your string length by X many inches but i have a 10 footer how much should i reduce my string by?

2 Likes

About 10%
So about a foot👍 you’ll be able to tell if you over/under reduced it after you.pull it off your rig. I always make a test string or two before I start cranking it out. I found that I have a problem with over reducing. Makes a really whipy/springy string though.

2 Likes

Not ready to participate, but this thread has shown me how many people make strings and is encouraging me to give it a try. Been watching YouTube videos. Now to decide what threads to buy. … Maybe next year I will join in.

3 Likes

hey when does “registration” close? and when should i ship my string?

2 Likes

I’m going to keep it open until February 1st. If you send me strings before this, 1: people could still join and leave me short of your strings, 2: I could lose them and have to spend time panicked that you will hate me forever.

4 Likes

We should NOT send any strings until @Avvatar gives us a final tally of those involved.
We should also START making strings if your process is slower than some and takes time.

I’m still deciding what to make.

/g

7 Likes

Anxious holding pattern confirmed.

2 Likes

ok, i was just wondering how long i had to make strings. thanks!

1 Like

Sorry to hear it, but totally understandable.

3 Likes

Wow that site is awesome! Thanks!

1 Like