2019 US National YoYo Contest Coverage Thread - Philadelphia, PA

Looks like Gentry is using the Shutter Wide with the mirror finish? Those horizontal tricks look… perfectly horizontal, lol. Anyways, what an awesome routine. Congrats again to Gentry!

So I wonder if beefhook gives Gentry the same trouble it gives a lot of us…

:rofl:

2 Likes

Holy crap! He literally found a way to optimize his entire trickset! His horizontal is on an entire new level, and he went so clean too! (taking into consideration how difficult most of his stuff is cough horizontal seasick)

4 Likes

@AndreBoulay
Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to keep us all updated here!

2 Likes

Land of immigrants. Asian Americans are Americans too. I do think there is a correlation between traditional Asian discipline and the fact that 2A has the hardest barrier to entry though.

You know what I meant :joy:

And Severance placed 3rd in 5a not 2a

Connor’s 2nd place routine!

7 Likes

Whoops, my bad, remember him placing and thought it was 2a for some reason. And yea, I know, just saying that America is the land that belongs to nobody entirely.

Too bad he didn’t go a little cleaner

Ok I’m hype for worlds now.

2 Likes

He’s smiling in the picture…

You must be looking at the wrong picture, then. He’s on the left, frowning/scowling.

Bruh it’s just a straight face lol

If anything he put on a serious face to try to look cool.

You know who didn’t look happy tho? Takeshi when he got 2nd last year :joy:

Edit: oops, maybe I was wrong :grimacing:

I still don’t think his facial expression is really due to his disappointment though, if you look at his IG he generally has a pretty straight face and not much of a smile

1 Like

Chandler 3rd place throwing Good Life Breeze!

8 Likes

Oh that guy
He got 2nd (according to his insta). He doesn’t like the way judges click. He’s expressed frustration with judging in the past, even at contests he’s won. He seemed disappointed with 2nd.

1 Like

Anyone know what Conner was throwing?

1 Like

I was curious and wanted to confirm…

Maybe @sfyoyos knows! :wink:

1 Like

Looks like the SStatement to me.

I’m not familiar with “SStatement”. I have a Statement (wainbow edition) and it doesn’t look quite like a Statement because of placement of what appears to be bimetal rings. I saw on his Insta talk about SF “Motive” and also know that’s what he used in MWR.

2 Likes

Could be his upcoming signature, the SF Motive?

2 Likes

Horizontal seasick is like

Mental difficult

2 Likes