2017 eh yoyo?

Is this coming?

If it is, I’m interested to see the different woods it is made from and the change in design.

I’m interested also. The prior runs are great.

At this point, I think we are looking at the end of an eHra (lol).

Every year, the stars kind of have to align in terms of all parties being willing and able to make it happen, and I’m kind of amazed (and totally grateful) that they did for five years. Andre and I have talked about it, but I think Colin is just too busy with all of the wood-working he’s doing. That’s a great thing for him - he’s a legitimate craftsman and his stuff should be in demand!

On the one hand, I don’t want the eH to vanish, but on the other… we made a lot of yo-yo’s, AND we helped to give fixed axle yo-yoing some added exposure and (maybe) relevance. It’s not lost on me that this started as a hubristic dare to myself and evolved into 5 years’ worth of amazing wooden yo-yo’s.

So while I’d happily throw them forever, from me there’s nothing but gratitude to Steve Buffel, Andre, Colin, and to anyone whoever bought and threw one. <3

9 Likes

Ahh that’s Eh shame, I’ve been wanting one for a long time but haven’t had the chance to cop one yet.

No me neither. But I have heard they really are ‘eh’ grade.

Ehmen brother.

Still hoping for a maple eH :slight_smile: Maybe, even if not this year, Colin could find the time to turn some. Maybe as a proper send off. Proper announcements that it’s the last run. Instead of it quietly slipping away.

I’ve been going through my collection, and seriously assessing what yoyos I actually use, and have been selling off the “extras”. I can safely say, as long as I have the parts (and I don’t destroy them) I’ll always have an eH as one of my primariy fixed axles :slight_smile:

Have loved Colin’s work for a long time, and have had a number of discussions with him, and the privlage to work with him on my koa Sullivan. He’s an amazing craftsman, love following his work on Instagram. I hope this isn’t the beginning of the end of TMBR, but if so we’ve got some amazing yoyos from him floating around.

1 Like

My 2013 Eh has been my most played throw over the last few months. I cannot get it out of my hands. Would love another new update, but for now I’m just going to play this thing into the ground.

Well the days of the eh yoyo are well and truly over, especially since Ed is a CoreCo player now. It’s odd for me to see metal in his hands, I’m still getting used to it.

lol. k. :wink:

3 Likes

I hope that means I’m wrong!

2 Likes

Just want to clarify that I didn’t mean to say I think there will be no more Ed signature yoyos made of wood, just that the SPYYxYYExTMBR yoyo as we know it is gone. Unless you can still do that and be sponsored by a different company, that is.

It’s ok. “Well and truly over” sounds a little final, but I used the term “end of an eHra” last year, so… The truth is you never know. I do use CoreCo yo-yo’s, but we released eH’s while I was with SPYY, with Werrd, and even with Tom Kuhn. And though they’re different, I end up doing 90% the same tricks with my AlleyCats and eH’s - and I still carry both of those almost all the time!

I reiterate that I have been more fortunate than I could deserve in terms of these yo-yo’s. Most players get rewarded for quantifiable results while I really have been rewarded (again and again) for just having fun and doing what I’ve wanted to do. We took a silly dare, which turned into an experiment, which turned into a perspective-changing year of my life, and we used that fuel to make five years’ worth of truly special yo-yo’s. If we never made another one, I’d be satisfied.

But I mean… if we did… :wink:

9 Likes

What!!! How did anyone see the 20-EH-Teen coming out when this thread was made a year ago? It’s so cool that someone called this! Was the yoyo already being planned at this time, or did this spark something @edhaponik ?

1 Like