2013 Holiday Minutemen Contest - Results

You bring up some good key points and I’m glad you pointed them out.

Yoyonick’s vid is not working for me -

I’m not completely sure what you mean, but his entry was sent to me via email in mov format. It originally contained a Jose Feliciano backing track (Feliz Navidad). I hosted this on YouTube so I could show it, however, due to copyright issues the audio was stripped. Also his use of the fire station and it’s decorations, plus multiple shooting locations gave him an edge to earn 3rd place.

Inappropriate tshirt -

I did notice this, but it didnt take away from the fact that palmerch delivered one of the most unique angles out of ANY of the entries, thus earning an honorable mention and rightfully so. I’m a big fan of freedom of expression and the tshirt graphic did not offend me in the slightest. However, I will take your criticism and keep it in mind for future contests as there is a younger audience present.

Witlessone’s video too long-

I had told at least another contestant that a video over the 1 minute mark would not result in a DQ, but if I felt it gave someone an obvious advantage, I would dock off some big points. The way I graded Witlessone’s video was by ignoring the extra 9 seconds. Actually I felt that if the 9 seconds were left off originally the video would’ve impacted me even more so.

Zorro, if you’d like me to pick apart why your entry didn’t make “the list” I will be more than happy to, but through PM’s.

Next contest will contain stricter time length rules and dq entries due to inappropriate content. Thank you for your suggestions.

Excuse typos as I’m posting from my mobile device…

Zorro, I didn’t even notice until now which shirt I had on, I apologize.

Okay, this helps a lot.

I think Yoyonick’s vid problem is, actually, on my end. It is just blurry and I can make out him, the fire station but I just can’t see the yoyo moving or anything. Again, that’s probably my end, sorry.

About Palmerch99’s shirt, he claims he didn’t know what shirt he was wearing:

and I believe him. I would just like to say that I am younger than most on the forum and I don’t think anybody my age (especially) me enjoy seeing something like that. But, as long as he knows not what shirt he was wearing, I except the apology and apologize for the accusation.

About Wittlessone’s video, I see what you mean. He had, apparently, messaged you on the situation and you let it fly.

I have no idea what goes through PMs, I thought that everything was being talked about on this thread alone other than contest submissions.

About the PM thing, I’m good. I am disappointed, as is everyone else that didn’t place or be named an Honorable Mention, but not at you. Just upset that we didn’t do better than what we did.

In conclusion, I would like to apologize to everyone that I may have offended with my post. I just thought that I would bring up a few points just to see why these things happened. Again, sorry.

-Zorro

Thanks for running this contest on the forums Kat! You rock!

Kat already contacted us regarding the prizes - they will be in the mail Monday!!! :slight_smile:

Great job to everyone involved!

• André

Thanks so much for helping out André and for the speedy shipping!

Just an update that André has shipped out all of the prizes and they all should arrive by Saturday 01/18. Congrats again and good luck with those mystery boxes :).

man i cant wait to see what you guys got i think it would be really cool to see what they got.

Well The 2012 Mystery Box Contained an Avante Gard And a Stanless Steal whistling yoyo alog with some stickers and stuff

So thats What Should be in them unless some one gets a 1/10 box

then what would be in a 1/10 box?

I Think there was a chaotic in the 1/10 boxes

It’s a catelyst or a avante gard, or both. And a whistling yoyo.

I was slow in posting pictures but here they are if anyone is interested.

^That Avant Garde Looks Awesome

Epic string!

Nice!

I got that same thing, but it was a blue one.