2012 Rethinkyoyo Tutorial Contest

o not yet because i decided to redo my tutorial

Just got my new camera today, and it’s great. Time to start filming…

This will be perfect to test out the new HD camera :wink: Also very excited that I can join it this year!! But it won’t come out to the same quality as Kyles’ tutorials. I’ll be posting it here and on youtube! Can’t wait to see all of your entries :slight_smile:

[quote=“Shadowz143,post:18,topic:39523”]
Thanks for the help, man.

Go for it, man. Looking forward to seeing it. Make it gooooood!

Awesome to hear you’re joining! Oh and don’t say it won’t be up to some quality, say it’ll be grand and make it so. Looking forward to seeing yours also!

Also, what do you recommend I use as a backdrop? The light blue wall of my bedroom is a bit too light of a backround.

I pinned sheets up to my ceiling. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha that’s what I was thinking. Gotta buy a black sheet though, all of my sheets are the kind that fits to the bed with the elastic stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I used a blue one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm I have a special idea for my tutorial ^.^ menacing laughter

I used to be all for a nice black backdrop (and I guess under certain circumstances, I would still quite enjoy that), but honestly, nearly ANY backdrop is good as long as you have proper lighting.

Indoors, I try to limit natural light and everyday artificial light where I’m filming as much as possible, then I point two 500-watt work lights at myself and record. That way, all the light is completely controlled by me and there are no variables.

Outdoors, set up a spot where the camera/tripod is in between you and the sun (i.e. if you face the tripod, you’re also facing the sun) so that the string will be lit up nicely. Sometimes recording outside can be tricky because the sun, clouds, shadows and time of day are all pretty variable, but sometimes it makes the best videos if you’re able to pull it off.

1 Like

Thanks to YoYoSkills for promoting the contest!

Some pretty cool entries have been coming in, and I continue to look forward to seeing everyone’s!

Do you have a list of entries?

Last year (and I will do this again this year), I only compiled a playlist of entries at the end of the contest after the winners had been announced. However, if you want to check out the entries submitted so far, just do a YouTube search for “Rethinkyoyo Contest 2012.” You’ll see the current entries in the search results.

;D

Im thinking about entering i could use a new yoyo havent got one since christmas ill probably be doing my new trick i came up witha few days ago called j-twist hence the name jagger