Velocity Review

The Velocity.  One of the most versatile yo-yos in the market.  First of all, it’s made by the YoyoFactory, one of the leading yoy companies.  The Velocity is an all plastic performance beast for beginners and experts in mind.

Specifications:
Manufacturer  YoYoFactory 
Shape  H Shape

Weight (g)  62.40 
Width (mm)  35.68 
Diameter (mm)  55.77 
Gap Width (mm)  3.30 
Bearing Size (Inside x Outside x Width)  5x10x4 
Gap Type  Adjustable 
Stock Response System  YoYoFactory F.A.S.T. Speed Dial Starburst

F.A.S.T Response:
Pro:  This response system may be one of the best out there.  If you’re a beginner, a twist of a dial will make the yoyo return to your hand with a tug.  Expert?  No problem.  turn the dial to unreposnsive and you’ll be able to do Whips, Slack, and Hooks in no time.  Also gives a nice finishing look.

Con: Changing the response is unnesseary for more advanced players.

Plastic Body:
Pro:  Great for beginners since it won’t kil if you get hit.  Strong and resistant compared to other plastic yo-yos.

Con:
Doesn’t provide as long spin times as Hybrid yo-yos or  All Metal yoyos.

“H” Shape:
Pro: Comfortable fit in the hands.  Gives slim shape to easily carry in the pocket.

Con:  Slim Shape is too…slim.

Rims:
Pro:  Weight is distributed on the rims for great spin times.  Also provides a stable throw with little to no vibe.

Con:  Sharp Rims make it a hard time for Snap Starts

Size A Bearing:
Pro:  Long spin times with a good throw.  Smaller gap rewards a more accurate player.

Con:  Gives smaller Gap that makes it harder to land on string.

Final thoughts:
The Velocity is just pure awesomeness.  I will recommend this yoyo over all other beginner yo-yos.  The Velcoity.  Not the Kickside, or Lyn Fury, or Journey.  This yoy doesn’t only play awesome for beginners, it will get you through any trick.  wether you want to do forward pass or Ladder Esacape.  It does it all.  Heck, you could even play 2A with this.  Which is another thing, you can play any style with this yoyo.  Stable spin for 1A.  Response for 2A.  Slim shape and long spin times for 3A, reposnse for 4A.  And stable and long spin times for 5A.  this yo-yo will handle it all and for $20 you can’t go wrong with this one.!
Still not convinced?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTyKYvLF9fU

not very informative. i would go into more detail.
just explain how it plays, why it is worth the money.
and some pictures always make reviews better.

but i hope to see more reviews from you.

1 Like

I tried to fix it up. please criticism is appreciated.

You’ve made me want it even more,
Thanks!

Love,

RamzYo

GET IT!!!

good review but…

will a size c bearing fit into the velocity?

no, and this is an old thread right?

yeah it was pretty old but I did some work on it (and i’ll do some more work on it after christmas :P)