YYF Replay?

Comparing the X-con and the Muffin Top is the most pathetic thing ever done in this thread.

If you’re talking to me, It’s X-Convict vs. Agape…

Clearly, I need a better press agent. :wink:

I resigned my position at Duncan on May 1st, 2006. I feel like I accomplished a great deal of good with that company, but I’d gone as far with them as I was ever going to go, and it was time to move on.

I’m so sorry, it’s just that I don’t follow the player things alot, and I always thought you were with duncan, especially since my outdated throw monkey package says something about you and that yoyo, so I keep associating you with duncan. ;D

However, you being with YYF does make the Die-Nasty thing a lot less complicated. I never understood why they made a yoyo for someone in Duncan. ;D I am soo behind…

They’re still pretty similar, like the Replay slightly different than the other yoyo.  LOL, I don’t know the name, whatever.

I don’t see much similarities at all between the agape and x convict.
The muffin top looks exactly like the replay, though.

Ok, just to clear up the Agape situation…I am not sure if this will help or hurt Icthus but… The Agape is a FH body with the wings, rims, or whatever you want to call them, attached to it. So he took one component from two different yo-yos and put them together and machined them from aluminum. While it isn’t exactly the same thing, however if taken out of context it could seem as though Icthus stole from YYJ and Duncan. “OH NOZ!” Not quite people, like others have said before, this thread is getting a little out of control, people are throwing accusations here and there. How about this, if you are miffed at someone go complain to them, don’t make an arse out of yourself publicly. You know what I think I need to stop reading this thread I can’t even make a clear concise post anymore, I have literally typed and cleared this little box 6 times now… >.<

P.S. On the off chance that YYF did do something morally wrong and “stole” Russ’ design, I still wouldn’t be angry with them, think about it people, this is how technology is developed and expanded. We wouldn’t have any wing shaped yo-yos if no one took from the Butterfly, now would we? I am done, you guys make me want a cigarette ::slight_smile:

Also, yoyofactory “stole” the DV8 and made basically the same thing out of aluminum- the DV888. Nobody complains about that.

No No No, that was a remake of the Dv8 (like a tribute). There was no theft w/ that.

“This model is based off the very popular DV8 yo-yo by Buzzon Industries that due to patent issues was never officially released. The yo-yo however was so popular YoYoFactory has teamed up with Buzzon to breath life back into this desired design.”

Ok, I don’t care for YYF at ALL, but They did something bad, get over it.

Okay. Thanks for telling me that. :wink:

Personally I can say without any hesitation the ‘Muffin Top’ was NOT part any of the inspiration for this design.

As to why this topic hasn’t warranted a response, I have been enjoying the world YoYo Contest, traveling from the world yoyo contest and recovering from the World YoYo Contest so apologies for the lack of an official statement. To me it still appears to be a storm in a teacup that appears to have been generated by 1 person carrying a grudge.

If then you believe we have followed the design concept (as much as I have seen from the pictures supplied in this thread) to make an anti-rim weighted yo-yo We will squarely accept all criticism.

I invite everyone to wait and see the FUNCTIONAL attributes of the design before you make your accusations and demands.

5 Likes

Ben without a doubt this yoyo is one of my favorite new throws from worlds and i thank you for producing it! I look forward to seeing the production run and what else you guys over at YYF have in store for us! Keep rockin it dude!

will this yo yo be sold here at yye???

What you have seen is just a prototype. Ben says it’s going to change so we’ll see.

I am no longer in this discussion of right and wrong. I have pm’d Ben and Steve to give my words on this. If the bashing continues like I know it won’t, I’ll leave it open for discussion. If it gets too bad I’ll close it.

No, it’s Dert cheap lol.

Oh, and anyone notice how the Dert and Russ’s other yoyos look almost just like Dif’s?

Russ copies Dif, Hans copies Russ, and I will buy Replay because I support Hans, not Russ, or Dif.

So I guess in the end it really comes down to who you support as a companie.

So the half and half is another tribute?

If you weren’t a YYF Fanboy you would defend them less lol. Not insulting you.

1 Like

OK, sorry.

but born2yoyo…we’re all fanboys in one way or another of SOMETHING! I can’t wait to see the final version of the replay!