Dream

1.a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep.
2.the sleeping state in which this occurs.
3.an object seen in a dream.
4.an involuntary vision occurring to a person when awake.
5.a vision voluntarily indulged in while awake; daydream; reverie.
6.an aspiration; goal; aim: A trip to Europe is his dream.
7.a wild or vain fancy.
8.something of an unreal beauty, charm, or excellence.

Again another hot topic at YYE, getting sponsered/ being on a team. I have labeled this thread “Dream” for a reason…
Because that’s what you should be doing, dreaming about getting that sponsorship.
Even though that’s something you’ve heard me say not to do oover and over again, but I want to clear it up.
EVERYONE dreams of being sponsored by YYF, YYJ, CLYW, or SPYY or whoever else. But the fact of the matter is that very few get this chance or the chance to get sponsered at all. Some of the people at YYE are good enough to get sponsored by a company (Samad) and others are just lucky (Me). But trust me, sponsorship should be the last of your worrie in the yoyo world. Worry about making a difference in the community, learn the hottest trick, MAKE the hottest trick… Just do what you do and let every thought about being sponsered slip your mind, because it’s not important. Just…Yoyo. The more you yoyo instead of worrying about if YYF will like what you do, the better you will be, and one day, I can almost promise, you will get a call, maybe not from YYF, or YYJ, but maybe from a guy who has seen you play, and liked your attitude, maybe he gives you a yoyo to try, and you fall in love with the company…It happens guys, trust me.
You should alkso read my “Respect” thread, because that’s where it starts. Don’t be a jerk, be full of respect, because you can be the best player in the world, but the second you’re a jerk, nobody will want deal with you.

Well, that’s all I have to say about that.

-Q

3 Likes

Why, it’s Q, our little Dictionary! Respect, Dream… What will be the next word in the trifecta (new word that I use now…) of little dandy words?

Forest gump pops up in my head. haha good post

Q, your are extremely wise in your insights, I think you get yoyoing much better than most, definitly one of the best people on the forum

Q is on fire over here! Good work bro. You put alot of stuff out there into good definition that some of us wish we would have thought to do first!

It’s a shame, though, that most of the people who need to heed this advice the most will probably never read this.

Life is like a box of chocolates. HEY! THOSE ARE MY CHOCOLATES!

Q, you are the bomb. Wise words lol.

I’ll add to that. Don’t join with a company just for the sake of being a “sponsored player”. You should like that company, believe in their values, etc. Don’t just sign with the first person to offer you free yoyos. Sponsorship isn’t about free yoyos. It’s to, first and foremost, promote that company’s products and ideals.

Absolutely right gee_. Sign with a company that you love and respect, not just one to get a yoyo or two.

It’s hard not to be wise when I’ve been able to talk to everyone in YYe, trust me. You’ll learn more by sitting back and listening than by trying to get your point across. I know people’s tqakes on yoyoing and I also know how I feel about it. It’s not wisdom in the least, it’s just that I’ve been on the forum, in the presence of people like Icthus, Apetrunk, and Samad, and they grow on you