ZGRT Libero yoyo overview

2 Likes

Playing the Libero for around 4 months (maybe a bit more, I am on the team), it is a lightweight throw in the tradition of ZGRT but well focused, I found the spin time average in line with the modern monometals, what I like about the Libero is the shape, slacks are secure and so are rejections very easy to execute, very nimble and quite fast staying balanced in faster combos, I did liked it during tech combos even if the yoyo is quite wide doesn’t go in the middle of busier and dense string tricks combos, easy to manouvre and play.
What I enjoyed it the most is the modern competition style of tricks, all those eli hops, behind the back horizontal and horizontal tricks, there is plenty of space to catch securely the yoyo during some arm combos and a very good stability during your horizontal, it made me feel “safe” during the playing.
Quite forgiving during snagging combos, I did not had any weird snag during dense combos, you can wrap quite some string around it (also siliconing help even more, I do it with every yoyo).

There are also things I do not love:
Overall a very cool monometal yoyo, I will probably appreciate it even more around 65gr probably will give it some more power in general.
The “wall” close to the bearing I wish it was more “gentle” and rounded, this will probably help the string to slide much better during some passages but it help during horizontal play to have a reduced friction of the string in the yoyo, so pretty much is a preference depending of the trickset of the person.

I got asked here and instagram about the difference between this and the QI, those are totally different yoyos in shape and dimension so impossible to compare, both good in their department, I think the Libero is more suited for the modern playing of those years full of hops around the arms and the back, the Qi cause the smaller diameter can be more suited for busy tech and string tricks.

If you are curious about it, yes you can DNA with the Libero, there is no dimple but is possible.

4 Likes

Thanks for the breakdown. I am loving the Libero very much

2 Likes