zgrt: Introducing The Alebrije

Wow.

Accurate… But…

Wow.

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be painting it. It’s too pretty.

3 Likes

Just got mine today and playing around with it. Has anyone figured out the best way to swap the bearing seats without damaging anything? I couldn’t find any info on that.

3 Likes

I swapped mine out. The inner parts come out of the inner face. I use a bearing removal tool and it comes right out. They are held in place by o-rings. I push the outer portion out by pushing with the bear tool from the inside. It is also held in place by o-rings.

When putting them back in, the two inner parts are very closely fit and must be seated and flush perfectly. The two outer parts must also be seated perfectly. One side of mine was cocked slightly and caused a LOT of wobble. I re-seated carefully and even rotated the two have in relation to each other to achieve the best balance. It was more finicky than I thought it would be. But all is well.

It has a lot more spin time with the bearing!!!

Hopefully ZGRT will explain it better and maybe publish instructions?

YMMV, Jeff

5 Likes

@Overtinkering has a nice tutorial for it.

10 Likes

This is really helpful. Thank you both!

4 Likes

Nice I’m happy to see you share my video and I hope it helps.

4 Likes

If anyone isn’t happy with theirs… I’ll gladly compensate you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Overtinkering for making this tutorial!

As @fos1 mentioned any bearing removal tool that reaches the inner part from the outer side of the yoyo, would be able to pop it out no problem.

When assembling the inner parts, make sure to face them parallel all the time when screwing the two sides together. When screwing the two halves together make sure they are nice and tight.

A good way to verify if they are properly assembled, is by checking that the inner discs are not showing like the picture below.

The inner discs should be at the same level of the inner wall of the throw similarly to the picture below.

Hope these examples help.

Thanks

14 Likes

Actually I don’t know anything about wood yo-yos, are they responsive? Someone school me in !

2 Likes

This model is; Fixed Axel, Modern Responsive/Slim Line and Unresponsive.

With the hub design, you pick or change the way you want it to “Respond”.

A lot of Wood only Yoyos are Fixed Axel. These Models fall into the 0A Category.

6 Likes

@yomartyo posted a review on The Alebrije on YouTube.

As an aside, @yomartyo, have to say, the video quality and set-up was perfect. Nice and bright. Background blur was perfect and not busy. You were really clear and popped. Made me want to go outside and yoyo and get some fresh air!

4 Likes

Thanks, dude!

2 Likes

@jeduardo - Out of curiosity , how many Alebrije were in the second run? thx.

3 Likes

Another batch of ~60 units are coming @Billipo

8 Likes

Awesome, can‘t wait! The walnut one looks and plays so nice. Would love to add an oak one to my wooden collection.
Is there an approximate release date?

2 Likes

Thanks! I am hoping to have them available by mid-March

6 Likes

Thanks for your reply @jeduardo. Looking forward to it.

3 Likes