YYJ Speed Maker

If you just absolutely don’t like how the yoyo performs.

I read a couple of recommendation threads where, for example, someone got a PGM, and was so unhappy with it, it ended up on BST for $5. Another guy(maybe the some one) had the same type of dissatisfaction with a dv888 and also unloaded it via BST for $5.

So, what if you work your butt off, save up for a nice yoyo, and then when you get it, you just absolutely do not like it? For someone in your position, it takes a long time to get the cash together. You really don’t want to take a chance if you can avoid it.

I mean it’s still a yoyo right? You can’t hate a yoyo. Besides I put a lot of thought into all of my purchases (reading reviews, etc).

I can certainly hate a yoyo. Most of the time I don’t, but I can. Maybe I just hate the way it performs i.e. too sluggish or too fast. Maybe it’s too solid. Maybe I hate the shape.

For example: I hate the DV888, I have played a few and been severely underwhelmed. I don’t like to recommend them because I personally don’t like them. That being said, I don’t think the DV888 is a bad yoyo, to the contrary, I love the idea of a high-performance metal at that pricepoint, and I know that many people have DV888s and love them. I am simply not one of those people.

This just goes to support my theory that there are no bad yoyos, just yoyos that aren’t ideal matche for some people. It all comes down to preferences.

I just got a dv888 and I can say I’m not totally thrilled with it either. But, I need to give it more time. I like my MMN better and it’s very similar in dimensions and shape but a bit heavier and seems more stable. But I’ve only played the dv888 for about 15 minutes, which isn’t a fair evaluation.

I mean it is still a yoyo.