YYF Blade 2.0 vs TopYo selene (2019 edition)

In terms of practice/fun throw yoyo.
Give me your thoughts
Current yoyo: Ko’olau edge
Feel free to suggest around $50 monometal yoyo’s as well

Do you like lighter or slightly heavier stuff ? Selene is around 66g while blade 2 is 64.7, and the Blade 2 is a little bit bigger so it will probably feel a bit lighter overall.

I owned a Selene and it was good, especially given the price but i imagine if this were the final model and not a prototype the Blade 2 would not be only 40$.

1 Like

My yoyo tends to always tilt since my combos are a bit aggressive ( i don’t mean fast here ) i think floaty yoyo’s are not made for me so i would go with the heavy/stable design. And yes i was comparing those 2 cuz it’s budget friendly and i play with wide yoyo’s. Also the white-rainbow swirl mat finish from TopYo is just a wet dream. Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t have to be heavy to be stable though, it’s more about weight distribution. But if the feel of a solid feeling yo-yo is mentally reassuring to you, the Selene has that feel.

1 Like

If u own a selene can u mention the cons and pros ?

I sold mine. It was good but not one of my favorites. I was not as used to wider yo-yos back then, and at the time I was more partial to a different feel for my yoyos. I’d probably like it more if I tried now, but i have other yo-yos I know I’ll still like more.

In the range of $50 what do you like more?

The Blade 2.0 is great. It hits above its weight for power, stability and spin which makes it fun and not tiresome.

You won’t be disappointed with the performance

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your concern! I’m using a Ko’olau edge at the moment but it got exhausted since i was using it for 8 month straight. Therefore, I’m looking for a 50$ range and a better performance yoyo than my K’edge. Can the blade 2.0 offer a better performance or its about the same or below the K’edge. Honest answer please haha

I had a Selene and was VERY underwhelmed. Haven’t played a Blade, but I’d bet I’d much prefer it to the Selene.

2 Likes

K’edge is good. It’s hard to go better, but you can find different and also great. Blade is underpriced I feel. It has a premium finish and feel. Play wise I think the power is a step up from kedge

2 Likes

Blade is my favorite yoyo of 2020 that ive played. Ive used it all summer no stop

2 Likes