Yoyofactory ND 6061

So I want to know how the yyf nd plays, are there any similar throws that play like it? Does the cadence play like it?

3 Likes

I always felt that the ND played very similarly to the Shutter. Not at all like a Cadence, IMO.

3 Likes

It’s good, especially for horizontal.

1 Like

As in wide angle or regular?

Have only played the wide angle which is my other option

I really like the 6061 ND. I’ve heard some people say they found it unstable but I personally don’t remember it feeling this way. I’ve heard it’s much more stable than the 7068 ND Ultra, though I haven’t thrown the Ultra.

I’ve also always found it interesting that Nate Dailey competes with the 6061 ND and not the Ultra (unless I’m very mistaken). I don’t know if he’s been competing with the BiND or not but I think that the ND being his go-to over the Ultra speaks volumes.

4 Likes

As in the “regular” Shutter. I don’t ever call the Wide Angle Shutter just “Shutter”.

I tried one and it was just alright to me. I felt like it lacked stability and overall just didn’t seem particularly interesting in play.

So I believe you would recommend the wangle right (teehee) but what is your favorite wangle polished color?

The Orange/Aqua but I’m not sure if there are any left. After that if we’re only counting what I own it’s the silver with black, but I’m buying the Gentry Pants and Orange/Purple soon and they look fantastic. If you’re not a fan of black I’d go with the orange Purple.

Also I love the WC edition, and the new Pink one is supposed to be the same as that. It doesn’t have the nice hollow extra agile feeling of the normal one but makes up for it with increased power and stability. It has a great momentum to it.

I’m definitely not trying to sway your choice though. The ND was not bad by any means it just didn’t fit me. It almost felt like the Breeze it just doesn’t have the SS rings to make it extra stable while still being incredibly agile.

1 Like

Ok ty.

I can see that kacper wangle or the shorts edition lookimg amazing with hot pink string

1 Like

What are some of your favorite yo-yos? That would help me let you know whether or not you’d like the WA.

Also @yoyodoc has good things to say about the ND i think.

The 6061 ND blew me away. I think it’s a really good yoyo! Good enough for me to want to get a couple more. Does that suffice or should i try to describe very subjective things in an objective way?

4 Likes

Yes! The standard ND is a great machine.

I have no idea why anyone would suggest it’s unstable. It’s an excellent high performance design.

1 Like

It’s definitely less stable than a lot of yo-yos. It’s not that it’s super unstable, just in comparison to a lot of other stuff it’s not quite there. Just looking at pictures you can tell there’s not a whole lot of rim weight there. It’s not like a highwalled slim organic by any means though. And Nate competes with it so it can’t be a huge deal.

Would you say it’s less stable than the standard version of the Wide Angle?

This I want to know

Yes but it’s not like it’s a huge margin that should stop someone from buying it. It makes up for it in other ways. I didn’t get to try it extensively enough to do these types of tricks, but I imagine it would be really fun for tricks that use a lot of space. From what I remember I’d say it’s probably the inverse of the Recog, where the Recog makes me want to do tech tricks in tight and feels really solid, the ND felt light and pleasant in motion, like it would be fun for more active zoning type tricks.

Maybe @yoyodoc can weigh in, he really likes the ND and could probably give a better perspective than me.

I think I was a little more emphatic here than I should have been. Let’s replace “a lot of yo-yos” with “some other yo-yos I’ve tried.”

Also keep in mind it’s been a while since I threw it and it’s not exactly a fresh experience. I don’t want to put anyone off a yo-yo they are interested in.

2 Likes

Yea when I see the ND in action its kinda in the middle like good at tech but also can more quick

2 Likes

Nate won 4th place in this year’s World Yoyo Contest, using the 6061 ND. That speaks volumes about the yoyo. It seems it can handle it when its pushed to the extremes.

3 Likes

I think I am sold on the ND, thanks guys for the input.

But one question, when is the next nd drop? I got to see new matte colors, like blue or the red on the BiND.

2 Likes