Yoyofactory Moonlight review

I’ve had my YYF Moonlight for about 6 months now, and i’ve gotta say, it’s pretty good. I got mine from the YYF mystery box, and the colorway I got is the red with silver rims.

Specs(from Rewind):

Weight: 64.6g
Diameter: 56.03mm
Width: 48.16mm
Trapeze Width: 44mm
Body Material: Aluminum(6061)
Rim: Stainless Steel
Bearing Type: Center Trac Bearing
Bearing Size: Size C
Response System: Slim(OD 19mm)
Axle: M4 x 10mm

I haven’t tried the Spotlight and Spotlight Ultra, so I won’t compare them to the Moonlight. When I first threw the Moonlight, I was surprised by its weightiness. Despite its 64.6 grams, it feels more like a yoyo in the 66-67 gram range. It’s sturdy, reminiscent of a more stable Shutter.

It’s not the best choice for quick, nimble tricks due to its substantial feel. Trying to go fast on the Moonlight can make it feel almost like a brick. Horizontal maneuvers are tricky too, as it’s resistant to changing directions. Playing horizontal with the Moonlight can be a bit nerve-wracking because of the risk of unintended contact.

Where the Moonlight truly shines is in its exceptional performance in technical play. Its unwavering stability and precise weight distribution elevate it to a league of its own, allowing for seamless navigation through even the most intricate of tricks. With each throw, the Moonlight glides effortlessly through string formations. This best way to describe this feeling is like slicing through butter. This fluidity not only enhances the execution of complex mounts but also imbues the player with a sense of confidence and proficiency. Playing with this yoyo almost makes me feel like Takeshi.

Overall, the Moonlight is a solid yoyo that deserves a spot in any collection. While it’s not built for speed or horizontal tricks, its technical prowess is unmatched. I expected something lighter and faster, but its weight adds a unique charm and gives it a lot of personality. I recommend snagging one from YoyoExpert before they’re gone.

5 Likes

Heads up, I may be exaggerating a bit when I say that playing speed with the Moonlight makes it feel like a brick and doing horizontal with it is hard because it’s difficult to change directions. I play with a lot of fast nimble yoyos like the Toru 0.99 and Onslaught, so i’m kind of used to light yoyos. Moonlight is a great yoyo.