Yoyofactory drama?

Fair enough, I didn’t think about it in terms of fostering community. My concern is that news of this breaks through into the mainstream and then new people discover yo-yoing through this unfortunate event. That’d be a pretty bad scenario for people’s first impression to be about something like this.

This is my shocked face.
Ben a racist???
Say it ain’t so.
I have long, old, history with him. He’s a horrible person.

18 Likes

It wasn’t an apology or a de-escalation, the NYYL members still ultimately posted the statement after the incident.

3 Likes

Basically Ben this week :laughing:.

13 Likes

Always baffles me when ppl suggest theres an appropriate “context” for racism

15 Likes

Sorry, what did I suggest? I was only wondering what he said immediately afterwards. Please do not put words in my mouth. I have enough trouble doing that myself.

5 Likes

You said the context was important to what was said. I’m arguing it’s irrelevant as there is no acceptable context for a racist remark

7 Likes

Juneteenth Colors Meaning: Red, Blue, Black and Green, Explained (goodhousekeeping.com)

Red on the flag does in fact represent lost lives. I’m not defending but he could argue a TASTELESS joke?

This sort of thing seems to smell of alcohol.

1 Like

No.
He can however confirm his hatred. Which he has. Again. Gosharootie.

2 Likes

I’ve been drunk for the last four days and never once did I think to myself ‘hey I should go up to someone and make a comment about their dead ancestors that really comes off more as a threat than a joke.’

24 Likes

Ill drink to that

12 Likes

No one and I’ll repeat. No one should be drinking alcohol at a YoYo contest… way too many kids for that to be appropriate time and place.

So let’s assume sober which makes the statements not worse (it’s bad regardless) but more unhinged

10 Likes

True I was absolutely trashed on Friday night and most unhinged thing I said was something about I could probably have 6 kids or something like that. 3 is enough I’m gonna go get snipped…

6 Likes

I have 6 kids :dotted_line_face:

8 Likes

I only have one and i already get almost no sleep so if i had 2 more id sleep two times less…i mean that’s just maths

3 Likes

Bless you…

3 Likes

My wife is the youngest of seven and let me tell you that’s way too many in-laws.

8 Likes

25 posts were split to a new topic: Vegetarians Unite

when you have had a Metavity in the mail from an overseas trade and this happens… -_- lol

5 Likes

I wouldn’t feel bad about buying second hand.

5 Likes