YoYoers in LA?

There’s always DXL. We meet on various saturdays in Long beach.

Long beach town center to be specific. In front of Starbucks.

Next one Were planning for July 21st at 2pm.

so first meeting is
Wednesday, July 18 at 1:00pm
located at North Hollywood park (near the skate park)

Cool. I will be there!

I dropped by the North Hollywood Park yesterday for about an hour and I did not see anyone. I also did not see a skatepark. Perhaps we can figure out a more definite location?

LookAYoYo: Are you still interested in meeting up?

yeah, i didnt see anyone there either… well, how about the library then? on the second side of the park, it is a pretty nice building. right in front.

Could you post a map or something? Either way, I probably won’t make it tomorrow.

it is off of tujunga and magnolia…
right here
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=north+hollywood+regional+library&fb=1&gl=us&hq=regional+library&hnear=0x80c295d3ec0031d1:0x2d38b371dee1f0b4,North+Hollywood,+Los+Angeles,+CA&cid=0,0,9485754943925058703&ei=CqoIULHYOefC2wWz18XXBw&sqi=2&ved=0CHYQ_BIwAA

I’m in Newport for the summer! Kinda in that area lol

Cool. When do you want to try again?

I would love to go but it is like a 45 minute drive for me so I’m not sure if my dad would be willing to take me.

Sorry, I would have come, but i hadn’t been on YYE in a few weeks. I am free pretty much every monday after 12, every wednesday, and most fridays. Just in case I vanish from YYE again for a while, here is my phone #: (323) 434-0889. The name is Max btw.

Also, when is DXL contest? I plan on going if I am free. Not sure if I will compete, but I will at least go and hang with the community members.

Edit: August 11. I am going.

I live in van nuys. Anyone who does to pm me?

Hey guys, first meet of the Socalyy group is planned for Saturday the 10th at the Skatepark located around where you guys were all talking about. Could be changed to in front of the library, w/e.
www.facebook.com/groups/socalyy

Facebook meetup is planned for the 10th at 12PM. Currently at the skatepark, we could change that though, it’s not very far from the library. Anyone planning on showing up?

1 Like

I am currently trying to talk my wife into it. We both recently started new jobs – hers is newer than mine – and we want to make sure we can, and that there is not any scheduling conflicts.

Cool let us know man!
Again guys… first every meetup of this group is happening THIS SATURDAY from about noon.

Here’s the address:
North Hollywood Skate Plaza
Chandler Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 91601

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/groups/socalyy
We’ve already got 14 members so I hope this thing takes off. Hope to see you guys there!

First official meet w00t w00t. Only me and kc but it was fun nonetheless! I even learned something new.
I think future meets should occur in front of the library since the skatepark wasn’t easy to find and even harder to access by car.

1 Like

I agree. We will figure it out. Do we have anyone coming from the Hollywood area? If everyone is coming from the Northridge/Simi/T.O area, then we should meet in a more central location. Agreed?