Yoyo under $15 or $15(or a bit more)šŸ™‚

Now itā€™s a bit confusingā€¦:thinking:

From the price increase he probably swapped it with the NSK platinum DS bearing which is one of the best bearings right now.

1 Like

Hanker is correct, itā€™s an NSK concave bearing with the platinum plating. I would not say that itā€™s a required upgrade, but definitely beneficial for smoothness, sleep time and, in my case, full non-responsive play.

The original bearing had a hair more friction which made it semi-responsive even when played dry after a cleaning. This didnā€™t hamper any of the tricks I was learning (Iā€™m still a noob btw) but I wanted to experience full non-responsiveness and the NSK bearing did that!

Hereā€™s a vid of how the original bearing played. I thought I had mad one-handed binding skills but another member pointed out that the string was collecting in the gap before my bind was engaging.

Again, I do still recommend the Replay Pro especially as a first yo-yo, and to be honest if I did it again Iā€™d probably just play it on the original bearing and put the extra $20 towards the Basecamp Expedition which I purchased a little later and which is now my daily player. The NSK is an upgrade, but more of a luxury upgrade than a required one.

Ivan

4 Likes

Thanks u even have a video, sorry I answer late, but really thanks

dude you donā€™t need all of that! just get a yoyo. any yoyo. you donā€™t need nsk platinum bearing. you could have already had a yoyo by now lol.

5 Likes

No worries! This is an internet forum, we answer on our own time and only if we feel like it so no pressure! Itā€™s a relaxed atmosphere here.

Hobby Master is right though, like I said the NSK bearing is a luxury upgrade and not essential. The Replay Pro with itā€™s original bearing is a plenty capable throw.

Ivan

1 Like

Oh yes I think Iā€™m gonna buy very soon

1 Like

ThanksšŸ˜