yoyo show tips?

Is there a certain order you should go in, like start weak end strong, certain good tricks… anything that’ll help put on a show. I’ve never done it… so tips are nice. There’s a stage, and I’m just going through it once.

Is backup yoyos necessary??? For like jams and such.

yeah idk…im doing a video/show too and i was wondering the same thing

Thanks for your help…

Well there’s actually a topic here but I just couldnt find it.

But here’s a video that will help you a lot.

Oh, and back ups are definitely necessary.

I’ve never performed for an audience with a yoyo, but i have performed magic, hypnotism, fire breathing, unicycling, juggling, etc etc.
The general rule of thumb (lets use magic for example) is that for an audience of non magicians, the big showy over the top - but simple - stuff gets huge reactions. classic example: pulling a rabbit out of a hat, chopping a person in half, etc. But for an audience of magicians, you want to do more technical sleights and quick tricks to show off your skills.
The sasme should follow suit in yoyoing: if you are performing for a non yoyoing audience or trying to get people interested, do big tricks that are easier like boomerang, eli hops, nunchuck, matrix etc. if you are in a yoyo contest performing for other yoyoers, try more advanced and technical tricks, throw in a slack or an eli hop in between to keep things moving.

As far as pacing, find what you like. Personally I start with an attention grabber, then all you need to do is hold attention til the end, then go out with some finale that is unexpected. I dont like the type of performance that “leads up to” a finale, thats just me.

hope this helps.

Just remember this: no matter what tricks you do, and this idea of mine has been well-proven over time, that no matter what tricks you may do, everybody wants to the the classics. Just the other day I’m kind of showing my most advanced tricks, but then there’s always that guy that just has to say “Can you walk the dog?” or “Can you do rock the baby?”

It’s almost frustrating, In a way.

For contest be tchy and smooth, but for a Normal crowd Be really Flashy, Asian Hop, Eli Hops, Boomerangs, and Boingy Boings. Also, make it dark an d do 2A with 2 pulses, they love that. Or a yoyo with a Really super long string, Noel Kunz uses a Responsive Aqarius with FHZ Caps and Does Foward passes and Shoot the moons.

Oh yeah, 1a, non-yoyoers.