Yoyo Prices

No, it would be the most expensive.

Thatā€™s a valid point, but yoyos like the Dazzler and Hyperion are sort of in a different realm altogether. Whereas something like a Chief is readily available in stores, some of the most expensive throws are in too limited quantity for someone even with enough money to afford them to acquire. Something akin to a limited edition Breguet timepiece.

Besides, thereā€™s no real play difference between a $140 yoyo versus a $500 yoyo. Though you may say the same for a $40 yoyo vs a $140 one, that only strengthens my point.

That large sum is to protect the retailer if the yoyo doesnā€™t do well. Take a look at the bapezilla 2. Itā€™s sat in stock for some time but it doesnā€™t hurt yye because they didnā€™t have to sell them all in order to make their money back on the investment. Thatā€™s taking up space that could hold other yoyos as well.

Would you just rather see the retailer go out of business or are you going to help them sell out of every yoyo they put up for sale?

Based on what Zorro suggested; if a 110 dollar yoyo, should sell for no more than 70 bucks?

Than, the Dollar Tree yoyo should sell for 77 cents. I see a Lawsuit here. No doubt

Sadly, I cant.afford a Lawyer. I spent all my money on yoyos.

Interestingly, using the same total lack of understanding as a few others, I have calculated, that without all the necessary add ons, a Brand New Porsche Turbo should only cost $12.52.

Seems pretty unfair that it costs money at all. What about people who barter with seashells and beads? How are they supposed to get one?

What am I made of money?!?

No doubt theyā€™ve got that dang dealership-markup on headlight fluid.

The grease you use for a board stretcher is the same thing. Youā€™ll need a left handed hammer though.

I heard that all the recent fires with the GT3 were due to a faulty muffler bearing

1 Like

Are you complaining about the price? Zorro, what did you say about this in the OP. Now apologize to everyone for making this contradictive thread.

Posted for posterity.

@Zorro - Think. Then post.

1 Like

All they need to do is cover it in frozen pizza apparently.

1 Like

Wow Vega bad form for a global moderator, I understand your a person too and have an opinion, but you also are a global moderator and you do represent YYE in a way.

I donā€™t think you should be telling people how to think or what to say (as long as its within the confines of the code of conduct.) This is a forum for members to talk about yoyo topics and whatā€™s on their minds, will people contradict themselvesā€¦ absolutely, will people say stupid things ā€¦ absolutely, once again as long as they are not breaking the CoC you shouldnā€™t say things like your comment above.

You representing YYE and moderating these forums you should be held to a higher standard.

@Vega - Think, then post.

I know I did.

disregarding the last few postsā€¦

chew on this: i work in the food service industry. have for the last 20yrs. the markup on food and alcohol is asronomical! good kitchens are expected to operate at a 25-30% food cost. that equates to a 300-400% markup. would we all like to pay $8 for a filet mignion at a nice restaurant?

You suggested that he should not tell people what to think or say, as long as what they said was within the rules.

What Vegabomb wrote, was a total of 7 words, all within the rules. In your last post, didnā€™t you just do what you accused him of doing? In your words, ā€œThis is a forum for members to talk about yoyo topics and whatā€™s on their minds.ā€

You are correct, that he is a moderator, and he is still entitled to his opinion. He simply pointed out contradictions. The OP posted that we do things that we should not. Then later, he did exactly what he originally posted that we should not do. So, it might appear that those contradictions reflect an opinion that was not well thought out. So, ā€œthinkā€¦then post,ā€ is appropriate.

There was nothing wrong with those 7 words he wrote. No bad form there whatsoever.

No I expressed my opinion on how a representative of YYE should conduct himself. Now he can either choose to take my opinion into consideration or not, All I know is that if this was my business and my forum I would hold moderators to a higher standard then the rest of the forum members.

Weather you want to see it or not the YoyoExpert name and brand is someoneā€™s livelihood and it is a business, how customers and members are treated by YYE representatives reflects on the business as a whole.

I understand he has his opinion and the right to voice it, and though he may not be getting paid to perform the moderation services he provides, He should still be mindful of how certain statements come across and how it will reflect on the YYE name.

Those 7 words do not reflect poorly on YYEā€™s name at all. I think it makes the brand better, that it allows a diversity of opinion on this forum. I, personally, do not come in here to read one point of view. He was not only within the rules, but well within the rules, and pointed out the obvious. The rules cover what the owner of the site is most concerned about, and having an opinion (even a strong one) is not breaking the rules. The rules already state the things that the owner believes might reflect poorly on the brand. He simply stated his opinion about the opinion someone else had. All that is well within the rules, and as a moderator, he does not have to lack personality or be void of opinion on here.

I think the rules about how a representative of YoyoExpert should conduct themselves as reflective of the business should be left up toā€¦the expert himself. For every person who does not want to shop here because someone wrote their opinion within the rules, there will be another person who appreciates the diversity of opinion this forum has to offer. They will come here, read the forum, and shop too.

You expressed your opinion, just as he expressed his opinion, and he has just as much right as any other forum member to express it. Being a moderator does not mean that he has to be void of a personality. If someone wants to blow those 7 words, that are within the rules, out of proportion, no one has any control over that. But, if thatā€™s the case, half the forum would be up for deletion.

He should post with an opinion, if he chooses to do so.

I donā€™t that that this was really hurting YYE in anyway. He pointed out the contradiction in a respectful way and gave the advice that a lot of people on the forum should take note of. He didnā€™t carry himself in a remotely offensive manor so he hasnā€™t done anything to tarnish YYE in any way whatsoever.

I agree. Were those 7 words worse than this post? If I owned the site, I might be offended about these comments he made about the mystery box sales week.

What Vegabomb said was totally appropriate!!

I just trust that the actual companies, who are actually making yoyos and actually selling them to make profit, know what they are doing. :wink: