Yoyo instability; am I using the right term?

Also string tension. Having the string putting a tension on the bearing can cause a precession. Try this, Throw a sleeper, and the hld the string an inch or so above the bearing. Twist the string one way and watch the precession. Twist it the other, and you can stop and reverse it.

It takes a very small amount to cause it to precess.

3 Likes

None of my yoyos have this problem. If i throw off axis then anyone of my yoyos will display this behavior. I use crucial bearings, Def-E, and Buddha Bearing. Cucial and Buddha Bearing have a center track groove to help aid in stabilizing the yoyo. In my opinion it is not a necessity, but it does make a difference.

This is true, some are better than others and my Tiger being titanium handles it like a champ.

1 Like

If y’all wanna talk bout precession…

1 Like

Lol nice. But so random that I just pulled out my lunar wind a couple days ago. I was wondering if anyone remembered it. It’s an awesome purple ano job

1 Like

Bruh nobody remembered it when it was still a new yoyo :joy: Was super underrated, it was definitely a steal for $65 at the time

The prototype made by 2 of the YYE members was the first yoyo high end yoyo I bought at full price so it’s got a lot of sentimental value.

1 Like

Haha true. I always thought it played way lighter than its weight, and there’s still nothing out there that matches the aesthetics
Yeah tbh I can’t remember if I got a proto from Ume, or if it was from the first run or what

1 Like

Yeah definitely plays light and fast. Was a beast of a yoyo for 2013. Beats out a lot of YYF/YYJ/OD of the time.

And the the prototypes were all raw and the cup was a little different from the production run.

2 Likes

AND Trifecta is a copy of the Crucial Grooved Bearing. :man_shrugging:

The only patented bearing is the Difeyo Konkave, although there are plenty of knockoff concave bearings - Licensed or otherwise. All other bearings (flat, V, grooved, center trac, pixel, whatever else) are just named differently by different companies, some may even come from the same factories.

3 Likes