Yoyo forum personalities

Have you ever wondered if you would recognize forum members in real life based on their forum personalities?

I would recognize several of you that have posted pics of yourselves but if I were given 5-10 minutes, knowing that I was talking to a forum member, having never seen a picture, I’m curious who I would recognize. I’m not certain at all that I would recognize anyone.

Would you and if so, who?

8 Likes

Nope.

8 Likes

I would probably recognize @AKYOYOMIKE and @Roy_Dodge because I watch their videos so often. Some others here maybe but if the meeting was in a context I was not expecting I think maybe there’s a good chance I’d think they just looked familiar.

5 Likes

I would recognize Grendel if I saw that challenge coin but I don’t know about ChrisFrancz. I often see that little bit of cat hair on peoples clothing and they often are just happily purring along.

5 Likes

I usually do have some cat hair on my clothing. Maybe I did in one of the forum face post photos that always have me holding a cat.

4 Likes

First one that comes to mind to me is yoyodoc.

6 Likes

You got me Sir!!

4 Likes

I would also recognize you from your special forces coin. Other than that we would have to be on the slopes buddy!!

3 Likes

Haha, I’m easy to recognize. I’m the guy that’s always having the most fun! :snowman_with_snow: :skier:

6 Likes

I should note to prevent confusion that I was awarded a challenge coin, referenced by @Grendel, by The Originals 10th Special Forces Group as a civilian, I have never served. I respect the special people so much that serve and have served this country! The coin was such an honor.

I never carry the coin, though I cherish it, as it just wouldn’t feel right to play it.

5 Likes

Youve got the special coin?!??
Gnarly. Here’s mine

6 Likes

I’ll be the dude walking down the street dressed in all green.

5 Likes

Dude. Carry your coin Sir

2 Likes

I think i would possibly recognize a bunch of you if our meeting communication was limited to typing in some way. I feel like a lot of us have a unique writing style, txting styles and personal battles with autocorrect that i might ID some of the regular. But im bad with faces usually so i doubt id recognize even the most frequent video poster unless you had a yoyo in your hand.

3 Likes

I was recently spotted on the train by a NYYY club member. He was in another car apparently couldn’t reach me… but he posted a video of me throwing on the subway (very off in the distance through at least 2 windows. Another NY club member commented that odds are it was me. That is the only close encounter I’ve had in public with another thrower, and i wasn’t even aware of it till after.

7 Likes

That would be hard for me, plus I have bad memory for names… I would be like: “hmm, this is the guy who has a lots of pinballs, that one is the green one, maybe that one is the tinman…hmmm, I dont know”
But for those who I saw pictures or videos, would be easier. Actually, @skitrz, ChrisFrancz has some pictures of himself at his art webpage, so that would help. But surelly I could guess one by his voice. Hahaha

2 Likes

Here’s an image of the coin I have. I took this image from “BING images” on a search.

I’m not certain what makes it special but house guests have made me some very nice offers for it, several times. Of course it’s not for sale.
I would guess it to be 2 3/4" to 3" acrossed, pretty good sized coin.

@Grendel You don’t think it would be inappropriate or in bad taste for me to carry it? I don’t want to be confused with that guy that gets a coin off of ebay or from an estate sale and postures like he’s been in the military.

Your coin is amazing!

3 Likes

Plus, unless we know their first names and not just screen names. We see or know mostly screen names. I communicate with a few members outside the forum so I know their actual names. If I was in a store I’d never yell out “Yo! Fat guy snacks!” That would sound rude especially if I saw him in the snack aisle. Three guys might come up to me and punch me in the face!

5 Likes

Maybe YYE should offer t-shirts and hoodies that have our screen names on them! haha

@ChrisFrancz Funny! hahaha

6 Likes

If you see a light-red circle with a white “F” on it, that’ll be me.

7 Likes