Yoyo Boomers Club

Something I’m noticing in your video that may help you a bit; you seem to be putting a decent amount of force into your throw and allowing the yoyo to revolve all the way around your non throw hand index before making the yoyo respond.

I think if you ease up on the throw power a tad, throw down at an angle a little further out than your NTH foot, and then get your NTH index in position at the same time as you give the yoyo a little tug, it will make landing a trapeze stall much more fluid and easy.

That’s just my bit of unsolicited advice.

5 Likes

Slay queen!!! That’s awesome!

4 Likes

Tell him you’ll do his chores for a week for it!

3 Likes

This is truly all that matters dude. Getting it on camera is nice but it’s not the point. And, you will get it on camera. Just a matter of time :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It counts!!!

3 Likes

Workhorse:

Clear Anodizing public option will most likely be the Cheapest around $75ish. (Heck of a deal for a G2 yoyo).

The other options will be more expensive with custom anodizing, engraving or both.

Also remember in this price is the Club Donation.

For every unit sold the club receives money. Estimate is right around $5 per yoyo once we recoup our investment for string, weight rings, etc.

This money is then used/given back to the community; Funding Events, Buying yoyos for Toys for Tots, Sponsoring yoyo contests, etc.

No one in the club profits from these products. YYBC Merchandise from Throw Yo is the same.

8 Likes

Excellent advice.

I was just about to say,

A general tip for everyone that’s learning kickflips, or, really, just stalls in general(that no one asked for):

Throw softer. Like, way softer.

We’re not going for spin time, here. We want the yoyo to stop almost as soon as we throw it. It doesn’t take much. I would call my “throw” more of a “drop”, when playing fixed axle, depending on what trick you’re throwing obviously.

But, yeah, soft and gentle and SLOW will get you very far in fixie play, in my unsolicited opinion.

3 Likes

Thanks Cody!

1 Like

I’ve been throwing crazy soft in fear of shattering my butterfly. Haha. I didn’t realize it was actually helping!

1 Like

I purpose someone start a Game of Kick Flip 1-Up During the Yovember Challenge.

Start with 1 Kick Flip. Next person 1-ups with 2 consecutive Kickflips, 3, etc.

1 Like

Winner at the end of the month gets a prize. :joy:

Maybe? If anything gets donated to the challenge.

With this being a Challenge and not a Event, we have not solicited for prizes.

2 Likes

I can donate a sticker

Hee hee. People are already posting in my minutes old thread— Makes me happy. :grin:

1 Like

I have counterweights from our buddy Nic from Adelaide. They are for contest prizes. :smiley:

Yes. Every bit counts. I typically throw pretty hard so that’s been hard to change.

I will check my “Stash” (See what I did there?).

I may have a MIP yoyo to donate as the Kick Flip Challenge prize? I will have to check when I get home.

1 Like

I have absolutely no chance of winning this contest. But I’m kind of excited now…

(I can’t find the sticker I was gonna donate. Haha)

Yeah I’m saving my shilling large brands for prizes for the faf/mrm prizes

1 Like

Can someone let me know how I can stay up to date on the operator? Looks like a fun throw I might wanna get when it gets a production run!

3 Likes