Yoyo Boomers Club

Man I have not seriously picked up an unresponsive for like a while now…

2 Likes

I have been pickup up an unres occasionally but not as often these last few months

3 Likes

@yoyospirit will make you some for $$

2 Likes

I’d like a laid back unresponsive. Something that plays slow, flow, and works with a lighter throw.

Mental notes from the first time we discussed it.

Full size diameter. 55-56
Slightly slimline. 42-43
Tighter gap 4-4.2
Mid wall with schmoove.
O
IRG

Very much a throwback style yo-yo.

Not a modernized organic.

4 Likes

Only a prototype. Working on a half spec bearing so it can be played responsive as well. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My apologies. I just couldn’t help myself.

6 Likes

I really like old school for its kickflipability (<<<new word, get at me Miriam-Webster).

How do the boomers feel about slightly higher than mid walls?

1 Like

Go play the workhorse

5 Likes

Good point. Haha. It is one of my favorite UNresponsives. Konkave bearing, a couple 0.1mm shims, and some weight rings is all it takes to have the most pocketable retro unresponsive. Highly recommend.

2 Likes

Will the Workhorse v2 be the same color? If not, I vote for this:

7d47594cac061249a11a8d6b595a5114

9 Likes

V2 color will be up to those that grab one.

4 Likes

i like this blue. i had an old ford in this blue. also we need to bring back wood paneling.

4 Likes

That’s what the string is for!

2 Likes

i meant on cars but yes the wood wagon something string is aesthetically the wood panel of the workhorse.

2 Likes

^Oh, I meant hold your beat-up old wagon together with string…^

What’s great is…if you go back to the original inspiration for the wood panels, it was a merging of the skills of older carriage builders into the automobile design and these were essentially wooden carriages on top of an automobile chassis. I have found that many things have very interesting origins. And some of us have very interesting Origens too. :rofl:

7 Likes

Since y’all are into this responsive thing then how about modified beefcake? Then you only need to remove a half spec to get instant responsive. Jmtc

I am kind of surprised we are not seeing more “Wish Lists” for the Club Unresponsive Yoyo.

1 Like

i gave my oversized round idea for free you want more ideas… gosh i got to start charging for my time.

If we aren’t going oversized then lets go undersized not much more in the realm of the “mini” freehand area. mid wall a schmoove groove or two and double rims. give me something fun and challenging.

keep it a mono metal cause i dont have all the money in the world and rings just add cost. also if we like the idea we can play with rings and materials later for a v2.

if we go undersized i really like the idea of a d or heck make it an A bearing lets go small bearing with it and make it a flat bearing if we want a groove we can find a grooved bearing.

for the cup give it mini spikes honestly. i want the cup mostly open and not a massive amount of center weight just enough to keep it balanced but powerful. that might be impossible at a smaller size but those are my dumb thoughts on a unres from someone who isn’t super skilled in unres play so take it as you want to

2 Likes

I like the idea of being able to add weight rings, like with the Workhorse. I tossed some of those fatties in my Pilgrim and WHOOBOY.

Spikes are also rad because spikes.

I’d love an oversized throw.

I’d also love a pet Capybara.

3 Likes