Yoyo Appraisal Thread

How much does a vsnewton skywalker go for? If I were to sell mine?

It’s pretty close to gsquared smooth

Skywalker prices vary a lot now. If it’s a works Skywalker or D bearing those have increased value. I’m not familiar with the vanes ton skywalker but I can give a general pricing for skywalkers. NM to mint normal Skywalkers have a range of $100-$175 depending on smoothness and colorway. I know it’s a large price difference but tons of Skywalker’s has vibe issues so they end up on the lower end. @Ryanm7277

2 Likes

Price check on a set of clear Anti-yo SEs in good condition.
Thank you!

3 Likes

With or without hearts?

3 Likes

Clear, no hearts.

I’d say roughly $70-90 bucks but I haven’t seen anything listed recently - clears are usually in pretty decent shape. Open to feedback on this.

3 Likes

OK, for chuckles. How much for a pristine example of The Worst Yoyo Shaped Object of All Time© ?

Alternatively… how much for me to put it back into storage ?

10 Likes

I’ll give it a good home for twenny bux. But honestly that thing looks awesome.

Part of the tragedy of the Rev-G is that it does indeed look awesome. It’s well made too.

That, sadly, is the extent of the good news.

6 Likes

Any idea what a nickel Summit and nickel Code 2 go for these days? (Both mint). I love the idea of nickel-plating, but they always feel too heavy for my liking.

10 Likes

I just made a trade for a Fool’s Gold Bip Bop Peak 2. I have seen the non FG go way up there, and was curious how much the FG would bring the value down.

I actually quite like the pickaxe engravings, lol, it adds a nice touch and it is FG for ano, no vibe.

The below forum post from 2020 stating a FG BBB Peak 2 went for over $300 in the Asian market has me questioning things as that sounds outrageous.

5 Likes

On the Discord there are people looking for Peak 2 and they haven’t been coming up as much as they use to. Peak 2 were typically going for $80-$95 last year without damage, and $50- $65 with prick and nicks. Pending on where you are selling and if you have the FG box I would say around $110 to someone who has been looking for one. But maybe more if you go the auction route. BBB is a desirable colorway, probably second to 28 Stories.

1 Like

Nice, thank you so much.

I just couldn’t believe one went for such an excessive price in Japan, figured it had to just be a case of an individual wanting one bad enough that they would pay over $300 for it.

1 Like

Looks like the most recent highest selling Peak 2 to sell on Japan’s Mercari was a C-Rod for $74 US or 9,600Y. There were also a few others that have been selling for a lot less. That BBB one was probably an anomaly, due to the colorway and a collectors want. I’m still a big fan of the Peak 2.

4 Likes

How about these 2?
SPYY Punchline - smooth, no blemishes
Static Co Sudo - smooth, no blemishes

2 Likes

The Punchline would range from $90 to $125 depending on the market at that time.

Their is a mint one with the box that has been sitting in the BST priced at $100.

If I had to out an accurate number on it, which is still just my opinion, I would say $90, based on the other one still sitting available at $100.

It is a wonderful yoyo, and deserves to be worth much more in my opinion.

Think i gave 100 for that sudo a couple years back, sadly cant go back that far in my messages to check for sure. That said i hardly ever see sudos come up so i would geuss it would go for a bit higher given the times and relative scarcity of them

Someone had a Sudo listed at $160 on the BST months ago - I have no idea if it sold, or if that’s what it’s worth.

1 Like

How about a YYJ Maxi Mo. Rough idea, I thought it was a Big Yo initially but someone corrected me.

3 Likes

That “someone” sounds really smart.

1 Like