Yoyo Appraisal Thread

I love it for sure. Bought it new on yoyonation. It’s been through alot lol. It seems I may have posted it at a bad time or people simply are unsure of the value.

1 Like

Looking back through BST I found a few in 2014 that were going for $65. And one in 2015 that was going for $40. Couldn’t find any thing recent.

2 Likes

In that condition I would think somewhere around $75. Aside from the really desirable stuff (pistolero, ranchero, RSL) I think most SPYY throws tend to sell in the $50-$100 range

3 Likes

What’s a fair price for a YoYoBarista Geisha 2.0?

I’m wondering if it’s within my budget to look to buy one.

1 Like

$160 is pretty fair @djinni_cake

2 Likes

That’s currently one on Mercari right now for $170 or so

2 Likes

What’s the going rate on a clyw manatee? Red white and green color way.

2 Likes

Price check on a TMBR Irving 2019 in purple heart please.
Here’s a pic of the genuine article. Condition is lightly played, no dings or blemishes.

8 Likes

I have a lot of TMBR and the Purple Heart variants are hard to come by. This retailed on the high side around $60+, and there were not many made. I would value today around $75 and above, as these have a heavier play weight that some mature players appreciate. 2nd is that Colin has been busy with other projects and it might be a while before he does any more purple hearts in the future.

7 Likes

Hey that was mine! Lol. @Exmime assessment of $75 sounds about right. Hope she finds a good home.

5 Likes

This one might be tricky to appraise since it isn’t a yoyo, but it’s definitely yoyo related. I’m trying to sell this Tom Kuhn zippered pouch, and I don’t know what a fair price would be. I heard that these are highly collectible and hard to find. Please disregard the Shutter, I know what that one’s worth. Thanks in advance,

1 Like

How about particularly rare or signed yo-yos?

1 Like

I’ve never seen a signed throw pull more than a regular throw to be honest but rare throws do well overall.

Protos though aren’t particularly popular even though they’re rare.

2 Likes

I’d ask @edhaponik . Cause I don’t know. It’s not a holster.

2 Likes

So…

If I were to sell my RichardRunner…

IF!

What’s a fair price? Never sparked, has a nail polish splash I did in the cup, but can be cleaned up to perfect in a few seconds.

1 Like

I’ve wondered this myself.

You pretty much never see them for sale, and they were kind of overshadowed by the Vayder.

Though I still see them as desirable as it’s a titanium that’s based off probably the most infamous titanium yoyo ever.

I’d be hard-pressed to let mine go for less than $250, though this may be one of those ‘case by case’ situations where the fair market price is whatever you and the seller agree on.

I think part of the problem is too few people even know it exists.

3 Likes

I’m feeling that same way about it. I know I bought mine from @8bitviet but cannot for the life of me find our conversation to figure out how much I paid him. PM me if you remember, Viet! If you let it go too low I don’t want this thread driving my profits down :wink:

2 Likes

I bought mine for $80, then gave it away for a secret santa, both in… 2019 I think?

4 Likes

For sure, it was a small preorder on Reddit only so I don’t think a lot of people here know much about it.

3 Likes

OD T1? It came from a now-defunct online store, the name of which I can’t remember (message me if this rings a bell). They did these ano jobs, or had them done. This was a candy acid splash or something like that. The cups are polished and the catch zone has a light blast.

8 Likes