Yoyo Appraisal Thread

1 Like

@Lewivlone you think someone would trade with me for a caribou lodge?

1 Like

I mean sure why not, if it’s something they’re looking for or would like to try right?:woman_shrugging:t4:, i think it plays really nice great for casual

1 Like

Ok thanks for the input, I think it’s just a little big for me and might put it up.

1 Like

Wondering if anyone knows how much I would be able to get for this?
Fair Condition C3 Trident (2 scratches and a weird part of ano, little bit of vibe, not noticeable on string)

Have never seen much interest in one so I’m guessing I can’t get more than 50 or 60 for but what do you guys think?

I’m selling a trident as well!

Hey I am here’s seeking an expert’s opinion on particular yoyo I found on eBay. I have a couple days to look into this, I don’t want to bid with out learning a bit more. I can’t find much information online I was hoping to find someone with an expert opinion.

Its called the turbo Bumblebee PlayMaxx original yo-yo. If anyone can offer some inside I’d really appreciate it.

1 Like

There’s lots of info on this with a simple google search.

Is this your item and you’re just trying to advertise it here on these forums?

4 Likes

That seems much more likely. I’m surprised somebody bid on that, unless it’s @YoyoQuestyo trying to bump up the price.

2 Likes

There’s another “Buy Now” one listed for over $100. These aren’t that rare yet, are they?

Years ago I bought a bunch at Sports Authority on clearance for $7. I used them as “give to new yoers” yoyos. I have at least one left…

4 Likes

Probably left over from the boom. I don’t understand the prices for some of the vintage Playmaxx stuff, those are a special collectors bread I guess buying those. $5,500 for a clear plastic looper? Be probably cheaper to machine your own bootleg if you had to have it

3 Likes

Looks to be the case…
From the ebay ad:

Item location:
Mesa, Arizona, United States

From his registration here:

IP Address Lookup

Hostname
ipxx.xx.xx.ph.ph.cox.net

10 Likes

You are a boss. Good looking out jhg

5 Likes

i’ve noticed the ones on cards seem to go for more than the ones in plastic boxes too…

I reported the item to ebay so they can check it out to make sure the bid is legit.

4 Likes

I just wanted learn more about this item. Please twitch77, can you show me where I can i can find all that info on this? Because I’m having trouble finding any information on the worth point of this particular yo-yo in the pristine condition that it’s in.

1 Like

As an FYI, I recently sold one new in box for $40. In my opinion that was the high end of the market. I’ve seen them higher but I wouldn’t pay more for one. They’re not particularly rare IMO.

2 Likes

You had this exact same item? I ask because I’ve been searching for an image of this exact same one elsewhere. I’m only finding photos and information on opened used and damaged (Bumblebee) yo-yos. I’ve seen these used for around $40 sure, But this is the only one I can find that’s available NEW. For the sake of comparison shopping, if I can’t find a comparison I’m going to seek expert opinion.

mind sending me some pictures of the Superstar?

IMG_0413_v2_sm

7 Likes