Yoyo Appraisal Thread II

What is the value of these two?

6 Likes

Peak 2 generally pulls around 60 is the bottom left a custom anodized peaks or another peak 2?

Looks like Clareview Station. I believe only 19 of them and they have a cool finish. If it’s mint I’d guess around $700-$800 considering much more available colorways have been pushing those numbers.

2 Likes

I think peaks aren’t pulling those numbers yet. I’ve been kind of watching an iron man peak sit for the past couple of months listed for $800.

I would think 500-600 for a clairview station personally.

1 Like

Idk i sold a marked up maple drip for 550 so if this is mint id personally pay 700 for it

1 Like

I agree with @yoyojoe 100%

Not a chance it’s worth 7-800.

Sooooo incredibly tired of the “I know what I have” mentality from Peak owners lately… and I say this as a Peak owner.

The yoyo market is DOWN, yoyos are sitting and sitting and sitting and getting harder to move, and that’s a side effect of the economy at the moment. Peaks are not exempt from this phenomenon.

The most aggravating thing I’ve seen in a min is the artificial inflation of value of certain throws by the few collectors who own them. Yes, of course something is worth what people are willing to pay, but things have REALLY cooled off recently. It’s so easy to see that the BST is full of many people who are dumping/selling off their collections lately for cash. All respect and love to my brother @TheSliverKing but buyers in our community with buying power like him are few and far between.

The throws are sitting. It’s worth $500 tops. And that’s like a YoYoBrothers type tax/premium on there.

6 Likes

Ya i buy yoyos like a Jack a$$ i fully admit this. If it makes you feel any less annoyed the reason i offer a little more than the actual value (this is fully known by me when doing this) is to guarantee im the one who gets to scoop and the person will have a hard time saying no lol plus ill be keeping my throws forever maybe pass them down to the kids or something if i ever have any so a extra 100$ to secure a 10+ year old yoyo i wont have the chance to scoop again is okay with me :sweat_smile: sorry again if its annoying i deff understand :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
@SR1

3 Likes

Nah man, you’re all good - this wasn’t directed toward you at all, I just mentioned you since you were a unique, “outlier buyer” and thought that should be clear to any onlookers lol…def do your thing man and scoop those GOATed throws you wanted as a kid, I do the same exact thing. I was just offering a general statement on what I’ve seen lately in regards to Peak prices, you haven’t perpetuated that, but others definitely noticeably have every chance they get.

1 Like

I second that. It has sand blasted anodization while most of the peaks are bead blasted. Also It is only 20 made which is quite small quantity compare to other 2nd run like 28stories(100 made) and well known hulk smash(104 made) imo. Maybe @EnilLord can help with its pricing?

1 Like

This is exactly what I’m saying tho… why is pricing on these things being determined by the few people that own them? They can literally put it at whatever the hell they want, it only benefits them when they go to sell them. And @EnilLord currently owns more Peaks than anyone I can think of at the moment.

Pricing on these are best determined by the market, by who is actually willing to pay for it in a “best offer” scenario IMO, and as @yoyojoe has said, no one is biting at the current rates these owners are asking. Just the simple fact of how the market is rn.

7 Likes

Thanks for all answer.I’m not going to sell the peak,just curious price,appreciate.

1 Like

That’s a good point. I get that. It is really hard to evaluate market value if someone offers crazy price🫤

1 Like

Peak clearview station is really rare, price is depends condition i paid for my mib one 1,5k$ one year ago :slight_smile: and I think is wroth because this splash with ano is different also feeling is little slippery
By the way
Market right now is crazy
I have 12 peaks getting really crazy offers,
I sold my iron Man near mint for 1,2k$ and blue corner 1/1 hulk smash for 1,1k$, first peak was made in 2006-2007 i remember when people solds og 28s or og or others for under 100$, today we have 2023 and how many peaks you see today?
By the way if someone has a peak 3rd eliot Jackson mint i can offer 2,5k$ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It‘s mint without box :smile:

1 Like

Easy 1,4k$ i say

1 Like

insane price lol

3 Likes

Jesus dude… 1.4k is so laughably out of touch

Laughing GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

I hope it’s not lost on anyone reading this thread that @EnilLord and @mrciurleo, well known Peak collectors, consistently hop into every thread where there’s a Peak evaluation and just pull an astronomical price out of their ■■■. OF COURSE they still go for a hell of a lot of money, I won’t deny that (as I’ve paid it myself for Peaks/rare CLYW) but these dudes consistently jack the price up well beyond market value. This is obviously extraordinarily beneficial to them when they go to sell theirs, and they stick out like a sore thumb very noticeably when they do it, as they are the ONLY two people consistently doing this.

A lot of you know I’m in real estate, and I guess one of the reasons I’m so… passionate… (:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:) about this is because it REALLY reminds me of what Zillow was doing last year when the market was super hot. In a nutshell, they would scoop up homes from sellers, come to own a bunch of homes in a given area, and then were able to jack up the price of the homes well beyond market value when reselling because they owned/controlled a huge chunk of available inventory. It worked for a little while when the market was insane, but then eventually a bunch of those homes just sat unsold forever - forcing Zillow to get out of the home buying business, and also totally screwing up the market.

The yoyo market, including the high end portion of it, is down right now - anyone with eyes and an internet connection can see this if you just take a look at the BST - whether that’s here or FB. Lately, more than usual, it’s been super saturated with multiple sellers trying to dump swaths of throws to recoup cash, and you’re seeing lots of price reductions, as a lot of this stuff is sitting unsold. Lots of people are in the same boat right now because of the economy being kinda in the dumps due to crazy inflation.

So I do apologize if I’m a bit irritated when the people with the most inventory of these rare throws artificially inflate the value of them - whether that’s in their own self interest, or a general lack of current market awareness (or both?). This is just an example, but I see it all the time in my line of work where a seller thinks “My house is worth a MILLION dollars all day long,” when it’s probably worth something like 850k, but they won’t listen to the sensible realtors telling them “Eh, if you list it for that, it’ll probably sit on the market for awhile and you’ll have to end up reducing the price,” so they go with the realtor who says they’ll list it for a million. But of course some time goes by, and a few price reductions later, and of course it sells for ~850k. The market determines the value of items for sale. There is a major, MAJOR distinction between “offers” and sales. Sales are what matter. And once again, as @yoyojoe said - non-Levi painted Peaks simply aren’t pulling those numbers yet.

Let’s come back to reality.

11 Likes

Back to reallity?So sell me your peak :smiley: inflation is per year, we in poland have 30% inflation since 2021, my brother bought a house in USA one year ago and everybody said for What you need a house? In 2022 is not good market for houses Yea? Today this house with yard cost 120k$ more than last year So? Every year is not good market money is nothing, What you can buy for 100$ today and last year, sorry Buddy but you can write here on peaks or others yoyos and you can laught here but in your life you buying food and goods and others and you paying more than last year :smiley: So wake up and make money to buy your dreams :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Off the topic of the peak discussion, but I’m curious what these are worth (Not for sale, don’t ask)

MIB 888 Premium

MIB Blood Brother 1

MIB Rally

MIB TYY01 (33)

MIB Train Wreck2

MIB Yeti

MIB Juvenile Offender

MIB ywet

3 Likes

I dont think So i m true collector :slight_smile: by the way was you in poland? Markt in your mind life is life :slight_smile: and this procent is funny becouse we have per month diffrent prices :slight_smile: only bigger xD

2 Likes