Yoyo Appraisal Thread II

I know @fatguysnacks247 sold a YWET a bit ago, maybe he’ll tell you how much it went for?

If the rally has no cracks in it I saw a clear MIB one fetch around $100 on ebay, ones with cracks I’ve seen bottom out at around $35-40, so somewhere in that range I would imagine.

2 Likes

Everything is either never been used or thrown maybe once, never unscrewed and mint with the packaging. Thanks for the info on the rally!

If you want a link to the $800 iron man let me know.

1 Like

$450 on the ywet

5 Likes

I’d have to disagree here about the high end yoyo market, specifically, collectors. It’s not as down as people are led to believe. A recent beat up 28s Peak had an offer of $1k on it. Wooly Markmont’s going for absurd prices. Most anti-yo’s going for higher than they ever have. The high end collectors market is thriving just fine. Just like the YWET listed down below, Fat’s sold his for $450 recently. These are prices never previously imagined for these yoyos. For the highly sought after collectors yoyos, the prices have only risen.

5 Likes

i agree with @KSnow , the high end, rare and collectible market is doing well, but the mid range is a bit more mediocre. you’ll find classics that never pop up on the bst pulling good weight… it isn’t necessarily the collectors jacking up prices, it is literally availability. no one wants to sell a bape, but i can think of 3 instances in the past 8 months they sold for well more than second and third run peaks…. even the best of them

5 Likes

Until Blackstone starts buying up all the rare yoyos :rofl:

Just curious does everyone consider a yoyo mint if it has wear around the bearing seat. I have a peak without any damage on the outside but it has slight wear around the bearing seat. Most people probably don’t check their bearing seats especially on something like a peak so I just wanted to get a general opinion.

3 Likes

I feel like this is fair to consider it mint if it’s functionally fine and there’s no outer damage. I feel like most things show wear on the bearing seat even on the first time you open them, and probably have some of those marks as soon as the bearing is seated for the first time and it’s screwed together at the factory.

1 Like

I would say as long as it is not majorly damaged that cause vibe then Mint is fine but put it as NMTBS might be better.

2 Likes

I like to use the words “undamaged” or “damage free”. If it isn’t undamaged then disclose that. Take a pic and describe the damage. The mint and near mint labels just have too much wiggle room to be accurate.

NMTBS = I’m not a buyer.

7 Likes

This makes more sense, I usually just use NM since it is quite common term but this explain better.

1 Like

I’ve ignored the comments you’ve made in the past few months aimed at me but you finally gave me the @ so here I am. I feel like we make a nice yin and yang, where I

and you take any chance you get to make some salty comment about how ridiculously priced my Peak was in the fall. To say that yoyos are sitting at the prices that are being asked is misinformed. If you’re referring to mine being on the BST for a week or two before moving (I sold another one for $2500 shortly after that and there’s an open listing on this forum offering $3000) then I wouldn’t really call that sitting. That Plaid Levi that was up a couple months ago got multiple crazy offers.

The comment about non-Levi Peaks not being at whatever level you arbitrarily consider too high is also completely baseless. Very few Peaks sell on the public forum and I can think of four guys that are actively paying high prices for Peaks that they don’t have. Most of the yoyos that I sell are in the private messages and listing the OG was to test the market out. Second runs in colorways that had a ton produced have regularly been selling around $500-$600, hence the $700-$800 I put on the Clareview Station.

I’ve owned just north of 30 Peaks over the years and am currently nearing single digits. The main reason for that (and why I only have a couple anodized Peaks left) are because of the prices they’ve been going for. Multiple Peaks, multiple buyers, almost all of whom reached out to me asking if I still had whatever colorway they were interested in.

The general resale market is absolutely down but there’s been no indication that the super rare stuff is having any problems. To echo @KSnow and @fatguysnacks247, the upper echelon of yoyos are still moving at record prices. Whenever Anti-Yo, select ILYY, early CLYW etc. pop up they’re gone almost instantly. That seems like the best offer free market to me, and on my end I feel no guilt for asking a high price for an OG Peak because if memory serves the last true OG that wasn’t a 1/1 eBay Levi that was sold publicly was in 2015 (which was also my listing and went for $1500).

Odd thing to be this mad about.

7 Likes

No, not mint. Its so easy to just disclose the little bit wear.

2 Likes

There was a post on the forum awhile ago covering what constitutes mint / near mint.

It seemed like the common consensus was that “mint” was considered as new from the factory.

2 Likes

Anyone know the name for these two? I just know they’re from YJYOYO.

3 Likes

Any thoughts on what these are going for? Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe blue is 2007 and black is 2008. Both have some damage but are smooth.

3 Likes

A mint aqua 07 just sold on facebook 350 in less than a few minutes lol was almost an instant sell haha

1 Like

Wow, really? That is surprising

Yessir i wish i snagged it but wasnt fast enough. They never pop up mint

2 Likes