Yoyo Appraisal Thread II

hey all, what’s the going rate on 2nd run and 3rd run peaks. i know it depends on color and condition, and i have a good idea i think, but i’m curious what others opinions are. thanks!

4 Likes

Seems like Canvas and Dips are getting constantly in the upper $300 to $400 range. A lot of chatter about how much better 3rd runs are over the 2nd runs, so those will value higher. But I bet most Peaks can pull well over $700 these days, even in the current resale slump. Thats why I’m still dumbfounded that we haven’t seen any Pheaks yet trying to clone.

1 Like

not surprised on the peaks staying strong, i’ve seen canvas $500 on the regular still, so i wouldn’t let any (at least engraved) go cheap

3 Likes

Any specific Peak in mind?

3 Likes

I see second runs around $400 mint. More if it’s a popular colorway of course. Bearingul still doesn’t seem that popular even though it’s the best playing. Funny because hulk smash was one of the worst players but goes for more because of it’s tie to Jensen.

3rd run I would want around 600+

4 Likes

@mrciurleo i wasn’t thinking anything particular, just a rough range based on what first runs are going for, and if that’s impacted that part of the market.

@sparhawk’s response was just what i was looking for, thanks man - i was thinking roughly the same ranges. much appreciated!

1 Like

Price check on a Quatle No Jive? Looking for, not selling.

1 Like

$65 to $100 pending on one coming up. There are a few TK heads out there that are rather aggressive, and collectors be collecting.

https://yoyo.collectionhero.com/outer/view_item.php?id=50919

@yoyojoe 's BST Play Simply is probably the best value in the current market, there was only a 100 of those as well.

1 Like

Dang that’s pretty good! Was thinking of putting my DeHcade up to trade for it.

Hey guys, wanted some help pricing these. The plastic Freehands have some light scratches on the caps from use and the 5a star one has a crack on one of the caps. Other than that the rest are mint. Let me know what you guys think. Thank you!

5 Likes

High offer on my 2nd run levi painted ebay peak #1 is $2,100 :slightly_smiling_face: the peaks are really staying strong it seems, if anything prices actually are getting higher and higher it seems :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Which second run painted do you have?

2 Likes

This one! My favorite of all the ebay series, i believe this was ebay peak #1 according to rhe peak history thread :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

There were some discussion of another potential Peak run after someone, I think Bryan Figueroa, reposted an old graphic Peak logo and it garnered a lot of attention of people thinking it was a hint for another og Peak. I do have to wonder, if CLYW released another run of the original Peak design, not the Peak 2 design, but it was machined in China, would it be as popular and as much of a collector item? Funny enough, there was almost a chance the original Peak was going to be machined in China, however the shop completely botched the intended design.

7 Likes

I owned the China peak at one time. It was kind of shaped like a Pyro.

3 Likes

If they got the aluminum in Canada, from the same source that they made the OG Peak from, and sent it to FPM with the exact same CAD, we would have a dead smooth OG Peak that feels exactly like the original.

That aluminum they used had soul. Some would say it floats, lol.

1 Like

If anyone should help make the peak it should be one drop. Maybe apply that new cerakote they have to give it a similar finish to the og.

7 Likes

Yep, that is the answer. I love it yoyojoe

2 Likes

While I would love to see this happen, rumors are the two companies are not on great terms :sweat_smile:

This would indeed be the best scenario. Would be the third run Peak over again. Cerakoting is an awesome finish too. It’s more durable than anodizing and powder coating.

6 Likes

This was posted the other day on their discord

2 Likes