Yosemite Escape 2

Have you ever re-created a video you did from ten years ago?

I did!

in 2009, I created a video that at the time was very different for me. It was one of the first times I recorded at a scenic destination, didnt add any special effects or use fast electronic music. It was just yoyoing, simple transitions, and chill laid back tricks.

See the original video here:

Its been ten years since I was last in Yosemite to film that video, and when my fiancee and I decided to take a long weekend in the park ten years later, we decided to recreate what was done so long ago.

I took influence of some of the tricks I did back then and updated them for today, and tried to match up a lot of scenery and shots that I did before. One thing is for sure, a lot can change in ten years!

Special thanks to Mei for helping film!

Music used is “With or without you”, a cover by Sungha Jung

Fun fact, I used one of his covers from when he was just a young kid ten years ago also! And he is now an adult and still an incredible musician :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This was beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

You were really good in your original…but holy heck, you are super good now! Everything looked really clean, crisp and precise in the new video!

Thank you much!

1 Like

I thought you were going to show your new car in the new one instead of your old van. Both really fun vids - really cool that you had the opportunity to make it again.

1 Like