YJ - Radiance

I’ve bought this yoyo a month ago and since being too busy I completely forgot to write what I’ve felt about the yoyo in YYE XD

Well YJ maybe less popular in YYE forums so it is sorry to write about yoyo that you couldn’t get in YYE this new yoyo is really a brand-new masterpiece they’ve ever made

Of course I loved their high-end yoyos but in the end, I found myself only to having a trade in secondhand. Sword Master and Rimsert, which are two high-ends before Radiance came out, I found it incredible and I decided to put it on my collections forever and I found myself throwing Takeshi’s signature again due to it’s minor issues on performance

So I am really interested to see some topics about Radiance in the forum but are they really good? It would be different for others but asking to me, YES. Not the best yoyo I’ve thrown (I still love Hinemosu the most which is also my best throw in my life) but I could say it is on the 5 best throws I’ve ever thrown.

You could think as it might be heavy yoyo and moves slow as hell since it is a 67g yoyo, and also rim is massive which also makes the yoyo moves even heavier.
I have to admit this yoyo is basically heavy one so when you are not fan of TPs or yoyos that exceeds weight over 67g then this yoyo is not the one you are looking for.
Why you have to buy a yoyo to feel heavier in the sense of control than ASTer you might think it is just heavy and slow so you don’t have reason to throw after buying it over 100$ ?

However the performance of it was really awesome for me. The signature owner of Radiance, Dong-hun Nam, is known for having fast tricks in Korea. So it is really weird to think what I am saying but I really felt it is like a heavier and faster ASTer which don’t make any sense.(The word HEAVY is only in sense of control. A simple throw is lighter than ASTer as you might think :wink: )

But what really suprised me was how stable it was. The power, menueverability, or any other factors for you to evaluate the yoyo’s performance are still good enough but really stability is outstanding that you might never think that the yoyo with 47mm width would have. Some would argue that there are tons of yoyos having better stability but again when regarding it is a wide yoyo with the width of 47mm, it is outstanding stability to expect on wide yoyos.
Also even it is a small thing the feeling when you return the yoyo back into your hand is quiet addictive which I loved a lot.

One thing to complain about this yoyo is that Radiance does not fits well in my hands. Because I have been accustomed to the width of 42mm and diameter of 56mm since 2018 when I bought ST.Elmo, they feel slightly awkward for me.
And I don’t think the new systems of Radiance is not that REVOLUTIONARY as YJ are promoting for. This is same with the signature owner, Dong-hun Nam, that I’ve even heard he didn’t know that these new systems have been installed in his yoyo XD

In conclusion I have some disappointment but it is definitely one of the best yoyos from YJ which fixed issues of Sword Master I’ve ever complained for using it and since it has quiet affordable price it is really worth to throw and I wish I could see this great yoyos in YYE :smiley:

7 Likes

Lee thanks a lot for the review mate, I see many different opinions around, I am looking for this yoyo as the purple colourway is sold out.
It seems that the new system doesn’t make any difference if not maybe consume the pads in a proper parallel way.
I was a bit “worried” about the wright but looking at the tricks from the guy that play it probably is not that bad.

What I liked is that it seems that the rims can’t be disloged (thing that happen to me all the damn time), the price to be a bimetal it seems quite good too.

I never played a Turning Point so I have no idea about their feeling (I just know are generally heavy), still this one seems quite interesting!

5 Likes

In my country which may sound little odd but the feeling of TP yoyos are refered as ‘solid as you are throwing pebble stone’ before BGM and even after BGM they are softer and much attractive than before but still solid.
Anyway thanks for watching my review with bad English :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Its a really cool throw it really looks like a turning point for sure i own collapsar and aster its only on yoyorewind japan i cant find it else. Yoyo Hollywood is sold out. I love the specs and purple is just one of the best colors for a yoyo red blue black are good lol

2 Likes

Crazy how the rims are like that never seen something must sound awesome swinging closer to u

1 Like

I heard beige color is more popular in store because people realize how beautiful it is more than just seeing in the picture, but anyway I bought purple and still I think it was a good choise
And truely I think not only performance but also feeling of this yoyo is similar with TP which was really amazing

3 Likes

Yes it is a good choice exactly a good throw hope will see it here usa

2 Likes

Thanks for the review! I agree that the response is nothing revolutionary.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on its play, especially because it seems you’ve played a lot of TP and heavier yoyos. My experience with it was quite different but now I’m a bit more interested in trying out some TP than I was before! If only to add to the context in which I can assess yoyos.

2 Likes

Well I saw how you felt about it but since I’ve not used Surveillance I could only describe that the feeling of the yoyo is closest to ASTer which I’ve used
Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

2 Likes