Y'all need to watch the (gentrys getting bored)

3 Likes

He has not made a tutorial for his beginner series in almost 5 days. He was doing one every day for a while.

1 Like

Heā€™s probably making a lot more money talking about Pewdiepie and Logan Paul. That youtube algorithm is hard to stay away from when you find something that works.

5 Likes

Overall Im glad heā€™s putting out regular content. He makes some quality videos and explains things very clearly. Iā€™m not exactly into the posted video and his other one on pewdiepie, but they have way more views than his other recent content and I canā€™t blame the dude for trying to make a buck these days with contests and event cancelled for who knows how long.

5 Likes

Dylanā€™s Pewdiepie challenge video made me LOL.

4 Likes

While it might be a tad cringy simply due to the content heā€™s dealing with here (that is, specifically Logan Paul), I think heā€™s heading in the right direction with yoyo related content that isnā€™t just reviews and tutorials. Iā€™d like to see what other ideas he comes up with, as it does seem like heā€™s putting a lot of time into these vids.

3 Likes

Totally agree, but what Gentry is doing here is actually a pretty clever idea. I think he is bringing kids into the idea of yoyoing via the ā€œcelebritiesā€ they admire. While it might be perceived as clickbait to make money (idk, could be?), I kind of think Gentry is doing this as a way to promote yoyo rather than just getting cash via his youtube channel.

The idea of yoyo being cool again makes me happy, lol

5 Likes

Honestly, if yoyoing became synonymous with Logan Paul, the yoyo community would suffer greatly. Thatā€™s not someone you associate with if youā€™re trying to be taken seriously. Gentry is playing the algorithm in the most shallow obvious way possible. He might even be acting cringey on purpose just to create more discussion. I donā€™t really watch any of his channel, so I donā€™t know what heā€™s normally like.

1 Like

I really donā€™t need to watch this.

1 Like

I disagree (in some sense). Logan Paul is an extremely influential youtuber among young viewers, and whether you like it or not, this represents the younger generation. You scoffing at all of his viewers or fans is discriminatory. The obvious algorithm targeting doesnā€™t only benefit Gentry, but the yoyo industry as a whole, and im honestly in approval of this capitalist move. Simply put, this is accurately targeting kids (cause no true adult watches Logan Paulā€™s garbage), and hopefully will be successful. As for his normal personality, he is generally kind of cringey.

1 Like

I think we feel the same way, except you think Iā€™m attacking his fans, which I never did.

Im just looking at what you said. ā€œThe yoyo community would suffer greatly if yoyo was synonymous with Logan Paulā€ (quote slightly rebuilt, but in context). If you arenā€™t attacking or looking down on his fans, why did you say this? This loser is unfortunately synonymous with ā€˜coolā€™ among kids, and while I donā€™t like it, the previous generation thought the same of my generation, and obviously everyone isnā€™t an a-hole. If you donā€™t like Logan Paul you are old more or less. Too bad for us.

I love his content and mainly this video, he did really good with lighting and the film quality was on point

1 Like

I donā€™t need to have an argument about what you want to think I said.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Logan Paul is somebody you want to associate the yoyo community with at all, given the past controversies heā€™s had and his general personality. As far as I can tell, Gentry understood this as well, and kind a made fun of him in the video.

2 Likes