World YoYo Contest on Netflix

Really excited to finally be able to share that the 2019 World YoYo Contest is going to be featured in its own episode of We Are The Champions, airing November 17th on Netflix.

http://netflix.com/wearethechampions

The ridiculous amount of cameras you saw at Worlds in Cleveland? That’s why. The crew was absolutely phenomenal to work with, and the whole experience was the best I’ve had yet with anyone filming the World YoYo Contest. I’m pretty excited to watch the episode, and hope you all tune in on Nov. 17th as well.

42 Likes

Holy :poop: that is AWESOME! Can’t wait to see this!

6 Likes

Right. Looks like they showcased some cool stuff in the yoyo parts so it doesnt rub me as if they are making fun of it.
Also who wants to get into cheese rolling with me?
I’m gonna start my training now to beat the cheese

3 Likes

May the best cheese roller win.

2 Likes

You’re on!

1 Like

I saw the response was pretty mixed when this was posted on Reddit, but based on the trailer I think that it the show is aiming to highlight niche sporting contests that require just as much time and dedication than “normal” activities.

Frog jumping seems a little odd though…

1 Like

Yoyoing has the benefit of being something nearly everyone knows about already, even if not in its most modern incarnation. That should easily separate it from the, er, oddball activities.

4 Likes

Almost everyone at my job rolls cheese but they look at me like I’m weird when I practice some yoyo tricks on my break.

6 Likes

Cant wait to see this!

I came across this one while yoyo information gathering…

Are there any others?

5 Likes

That is GOOD. Real good.

1 Like

Wow! That is great! It would be great to throw down a yoyo during Thanksgiving dinner.

1 Like

World On a String

3 Likes

That is good one. I have the DVD. I like all the behind the scenes stuff. Highly recommended!!!

1 Like

Hey, I entered that when I was in 1st grade. Don’t hate.

2 Likes

I know absolutely nothing about it, so it could be super rad :man_shrugging:

Very cool, looking forward to checking this out!

1 Like

Finally!!

Wow!! Very Nice, make me want to say: Love you guys!