Working on a bearing to set a new world record...

I kind of figured. It doesn’t make sense to invest in that machinery to make a more “commodity” type item.

Might just have it…We shall see…

It will be most likely attempted at the MAR in September.

And I shall be there to witness. Looking forward to meeting you finally.

I am not the thrower for this event. I just do the bearings.

Who’s throwing? And for the actual thing you are using a BK2, right?

Well no kidding. I didn’t need a smart remark. I was just trying to state a rule. That’s all.

So I guess then I am correct

What is the world record?

21 minutes 21.25 seconds, according to the official site.

Hey I’m just asking, not trying to get smart with anyone but what about General Yo’s AIGR and onedrop’s 10 Ball? Do they specifically make them or do they order em from another manufacturer?

I use a dry 10ball at home and its my favorite. I use a lubed up AIGR at work because its dead silent.

They order them.

To my knowledge, some have them specially made by a bearing manufacturer for their yoyos. Others just buy normal bearings in bulk from suppliers.

As is the case with most things these days, around 90% of the bearings are manufactured in China.

Terrapin X bearings come from the US and the UK, ABEC rated. and are then wing cut and treated.

The ABEC rating procedure is done after the bearing is manufactured.

When you have them done as a specialty item you get the whole run.
The good and the bad.

I love Terrapin bearings.

What does “wing-cut” mean please?
I have seen this description but I do not understand what it means.

The wing cut is a very small amount of metal take from the center of the outside of the outer race. It gives a very slight concave. This lets the string center, but at the same time, when dealing with string layers, it allows the string to naturally move around in the gap and minimize bunching.