Will you get a OneStar, even tho they dont have Center Trac bearings like the CC

Can the caps come out of the Paul Han OneStar? Because I guess I’ll buy one because the pink isn’t that bad but the Zebra is too much… Are this Paul’s actual preference for colors or did they just want something out of the box

The fact that they don’t come with a CT actually makes me want to buy it compared to when it did have a CT which gets all of my disgust.

Haru

1 Like

The CT is my most favorite out of the profiled bearings. I prefer flat bearings any day. Concave bearings and others just annoy me.

I already have a Paul Han edition, and I love it so much I’m thinking of getting a regular Onestar.

What’s the big deal? It’s like you love the sneakers but don’t like the laces it comes with. You can just change it. I’ve always played stock bearings until it goes to crap. I truly don’t feel a difference in bearings significant enough to determine which I prefer.

I think all he meant in that post was to say this isn’t the first time YYF has included a Center Trac in a budget throw from the CC, in response to your claim that it was misleading this time. It isn’t.

Essentially, that bearing is what makes it a CC throw as it’s otherwise the same yoyo save a colorway change. Most of the other CC throws are all original.

bearings dont matter, i actually like flat bearings much more than shaped ones… I’ll probably get 2 and bape them :wink:

Can’t satisfy everyone i guess. The Paul Han ONEstar was suppose to be a special deal limited offer, it was (did you know we are doing a second color for Paul too in Wave 3?).

The ONEstar has a massive gap, personally I prefer a flat bearing in it.

If you are looking for special edition low price YoYofactory Yo-Yos I recommend:

Ann WHiP (built with one)

Gacek ONE (built with a 1/2 spec and has a CT included in the box)

Paul Han Onestar (both colors built with CT)

Oooo. It’d look awesome in orange or yellow, assuming the zebra print is staying.

Darned right. Especially orange. Nasty neon orange.

Not to take a position on a budget yoyo:

If you’re judging the yoyo based on the bearing, that’s just silly. If you want it, get it. If you don’t like the bearing, then swap it out. It’s that simple.

In my experience, if you like the yoyo stock, playing with bearings may help you find a better fit for you with a particular yoyo. The only issue here is if the yoyo comes with an actually bad bearing, in which cases it’s hard to judge a yoyo with a bearing not properly functioning.

Sometimes changing the bearing really helps. For me, I found the Speeder 2 and Meteor really increased in performance with a KK bearing. For me, with the Chaser, I found the best bearing was the flat bearing. In the case of my JetSet(not EC) I just didn’t care for the stock bearing, so I put a 10-Ball in there and it’s fine now. I’ve put all sorts of different bearings in a Classic and had great results. I currently have a Crucial Grooved in my unresponsive Classic, but I’m probably going to swap that out for a YYJ Speed bearing.

I’ve also found in my experience that if I don’t like the yoyo, no bearing is going to change that for me.

If you like the shape of the ONEStar, get it. I got one at BAC 2012 and I’m super happy with it except for the part where it’s too light, so I play it indoors when I use it. I don’t even know or care what kind of bearing is in there at the moment because I’m happy with how it’s performing.

Let’s compare this to the Ricochet real fast. It’s a shape that really doesn’t work for me, but it is a classic shape that has a proven track record and loads of people like that shape. The odds are that this is going to be a very well accepted yoyo and should sell very well. However, for me, this just won’t work for me, so no matter what bearing you put it in, I’m not going to end up liking it any better. This is not a reflection of quality or construction, this is a matter of preferences and individual tastes, nothing more.

I’m not anti-YYF. I have I think close to 30 YYF yoyos, 2 ONE’s, 2 WHIP’s, 2 of 4 different looper models, Protostar, northstar, dv888, Superstar, Mvp, Mutant DNA, Equilateral(definitely a top 10 for me!) and others.

As far as not liking CenterTracs. well, again, that’s personal preferences as well. It’s not my favorite bearing, but it’s a great bearing in my opinion. They clean out great and they take to Dry Play very well. CLYW is using them stock these days. My Positron came with one stock. Companies generally don’t try to purposely go with a bad bearing in their yoyos unless they are a budget company that doesn’t care. Either way, bearing are affordable, so putting in what you like shouldn’t be a big deal.

Stuff like the bearing is trivial in the long run. But, if you’re not sure, see if you can meet up with someone like me with a large collection. I think now I’m gonna start carrying around different bearings as well in case people want to try different bearings in yoyos to see if that makes a difference for them.

Why am I not getting a ONEStar? Oh wait, I already have one. So, why am I not getting a second? I’m happy with the one I already have and therefore at the moment have no need for a second. However, if my kid wants one, I don’t see me having any problem buying one for him.

How about a heads up with the new Paul Han color? I really liked the pink n zebra, kinda tacky.

[quote=“Tuxedodave,post:32,topic:51076”]

[quote=“yoyofactoryben,post:28,topic:51076”]

Can’t satisfy everyone i guess. The Paul Han ONEstar was suppose to be a special deal limited offer, it was (did you know we are doing a second color for Paul too in Wave 3?).

The ONEstar has a massive gap, personally I prefer a flat bearing in it.

If you are looking for special edition low price YoYofactory Yo-Yos I recommend:

Ann WHiP (built with one)

Gacek ONE (built with a 1/2 spec and has a CT included in the box)

Paul Han Onestar (both colors built with CT)