Why you need expensive yoyos

My first throw was a 60 capless. It was a little for my first i thought. But i am glad i made the investment

You don’t NEED an expensive yoyo at all. Half of what makes this sport fun is trying new things. That’s why we continue to experiment and push the boundaries of what are considered possible, both with our hardware (the yoyo itself) and what we do with it. Sometimes that costs a bit, but we do it for our own happiness.

Need I say more?

1 Like

I get equally stoked if I’m waiting for a $10 throw or a $115 throw to come in the mail…
Maybe even a little more for the $10 one cause it will immediately live in my pocket and go with me everywhere…

This exactly. Buying a beater or a plastic is the best.

Just put the $115 throw in your pocket then you can get excited about it as well. The triton is my walking around throw. I’ve got some plastics and stuff, but when I get a few minutes I want to throw the best.

I get excited about both! My favorite yoyo is the one I’m throwing no matter how much it cost. I like to throw cheap plastics, budget metals, high ends, whatever. They all play differently and they all bring something enjoyable to yoyoing. I carry my more expensive throws… Just not until the honeymoon period is over! Lol

1 Like

same but for me any new Yoyo Is my favorite

I would love to see what John Ando has to say about the need for expensive yoyo’s.

If you can’t do it with a protostar, you can’t do it with an AnGLAM.

Good yoyo =/= good player

My opinion: It’s All Relative. You don’t really need a $100.00 throw when you are a beginner, it just makes tricks easier to learn I mean, I have a $15.00 Velocity and I can still do tricks like mach 5, double or nothing, and matrix. It’s only really necesarry to get higher priced throws once you get into super long combos and elaborate tricks and by that time you know you like yoyoing so yea… You would think about getting a $100.00+ yoyo; but as for a beginner a $20-$25 yoyo is more than enough.

PS. this is only my opinion and may not be true for everyone.

1 Like

We’re not talking about skill here. We are talking about STARTING to yoyo. Of course now I could do whatever trick on almost any yoyo. That is not the topic, the topic is do you require a solid yoyo to learn and state the foundations of your tricks. So I bet learning a trick on an AnGLAM would definitely be better and easier than with a protostar.

1 Like

I love your videos.

the longer a yoyo spins, and the more stable it is, the better it will be for a beginner. expensive yoyos tend to be more stable, so they are better for beginners. there are exceptions, however. the yyj classic is rather cheap, comes responsive, spins as long as any beginner will need, and is as stable as any beginner will need. if that beginner becomes an expert, i can say from experience that it will be able to take whatever you throw at it. if $10 is expensive then i acquiesce.

1 Like