Why the lack of yoyo contests in the southeast?

well its really up to you … if you look at our page here … you can see that we started out with only four guys… and it wasnt even a club … yet until the next few meets more and more people starting showing up.

We took pics to show people on the forums that we are real and we ARE meeting up and hanging out. So yea I say start on the forums (because that is how majority of the guys showed up) start a facebook page if you want, go yoyo out in public … like usually once a year we will go to DC and hang out there all day and always talk to people who are interested and dont have an attitude when a little kid asks to try (have a plastic with you always)

so you can start that way … post it on every forum out there… i think i had it posted on atleast 3 …

even if no one shows up … you can always reach out and teach kids… we didnt have to do that yet … because fortunately we live in a area where some yoyo clubs use to exist (not sure really) but we seem to still get new people showing up.

If everyone at our club showed up … we would have atleast like 30+ people … which would be awesome but it never happens.

So good luck and dont stop trying.

1 Like

Also, information came in that there will be a GA States this year on October 27, I believe. More information to come.

In september it will be the first yoyo competition in 3 years in ny and i cant attend cuz they placed it 7 hours away

interesting where did you hear this?

Just googled it and found this:
http://www.georgiayoyocontest.com/location.html

I heard about it at the GIRTS meet, and apparently they already have a website up

Do you guys think that Florida should have a South Florida Yoyo Contest for those who can’t go to Florida States since it can be too far away for some? I’ve been to Florida States twice, but couldn’t go to the last one because it was too far of a drive. I would appreciate some input. God Bless - Moefv

I may have to go to the Georgia contest since it’s just in Atlanta. Wonder how many people will go.

I remember back when I competed (I am from Arkansas), it was normally pretty easy to at least place. I competed 5a and most of the time only had 7 or 8 people in that division. That was back 8 years ago though. I remember going to some contests in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Tennessee.