Why is my yoyo so loud?

First off, I’m pretty new to yoyos, I’ve only been throwing for about 4 months now, and I just recently purchased a Burnside.

On my first throw, the thing I noticed most was that it was super quiet. Almost no sound at all. And then after a couple of days it got a little bit louder, but it was still pretty quiet.

Then, just yesterday, it decided to turn into a banshee and started screaming.

Now, I know the One Drop 10 ball bearing needs to be broken in, and it has been a week since I received my yoyo.

What I want to know is what’s causing the sound. Is it just a side-effect of the bearing being broken in? The yoyo still plays smooth and spins really nice, so I’m guessing there’s nothing wrong with it, I was just wondering.

Also, is there a way to make it quieter? It’s so loud I can’t play at night for fear of waking up other household members.

Yeah, it’s pretty much just a side effect of the bearing being broken in. If you want to make it quieter put a drop of thin lube on the bearing. That should do the trick. It will make the yoyo responsive for a little while (for me it’s usually a day or two), but after breaking in the lube it will be unresponsive again.

How is the burnside?

Yes, like guitaryo said, louder bearing are normal, unless its quiet then go loud and quiet again after sometime, that could be a problem.

Just try to lube it. It will calm down.

1 Like

Thanks for your responses guys, I’ll lube it, haha.

Also, the Burnside is the best throw I’ve ever tried. Then again, I’ve only been playing for a few months, so I don’t know. It plays like a dream, though, for sure.