Why is "H" shape relatively uncommon today?

Are you the man behind ILYY?

2 Likes

The entire 50%. :wink:

10 Likes

frank, is that you?

2 Likes

Frank would be the other 50% of the third.
This is Dominik.

14 Likes

Other than the benchmark H being not so H-ish, it is right up in my alley- but it rarely ever comes up in the bst or gets a restock :((

1 Like

hey dude! i got my first ILYY last year when you guys brought back the dotE1NS and 2WEI. im a huge fan of both and they’re always in my current rotation. cheers!

2 Likes

1 Like

It is. As is the Dang, Code1 and Sakura SE. The 2014 Benchmark H is the only one I ever thought really wasn’t a true H shape.

2 Likes

I feel like i’ve seen this conversation so many times already… You guys are overthinking the shapes, go play with a yo-yo.

24 Likes

No you go play with a proper H shaped yo-yo!

2 Likes

no

no

no

It is kinda weird but OD has never really shipped an H yo-yo.

:man_facepalming:

9 Likes

no

no

It’s because you’re making up these rules as you go man, just saying these things doesn’t make them law. The OG YYF Genesis is what many know as the standard for H-Shape, and that’s not too far off from the OD H Benchmark profile.

15 Likes

I’m not sure I get the inverted organic need to be an H. My envy sure looks like an H. Anyone want an envy. I can’t get rid of it.

2 Likes

Throw a 2016 benchmark H, then a 2016 benchmark W. Tell me if you think they play meaningfully different. I would say resoundingly… no.

Then throw an eternal throws Sesh, and see what I mean…

3 Likes

The way something plays doesn’t dictate what the shape is. I’ve got organics that play as stable and fast as some V shapes, it doesn’t mean that those organics are not real organics because they don’t play like an organic.

5 Likes

The Sesh is going to play resoundingly different from any benchmark model. The size/weight/shape is completely different. Not even close.

The idea behind the benchmark series is to keep the dimensions and weight identical while changing the profile shape and weight distribution. The differences are subtle, but I noticed them when I tried them all back to back. That’s the idea, to show the subtle differences each shape has to offer.

11 Likes

The differences between V W and O aren’t subtle.

The reason the difference between 2016 benchmark H and 2016 benchmark W is “subtle” is because this H is barely an H! It is hard to tell apart from the W even side by side!

Compare with our old pals iyoyo

Ahhh now that is some sweet hot H action…

4 Likes

If you want to get technical that iyoyo is not an H shape. There is no distinct step. It’s just a bell shape.

3 Likes

I’m done with this horse. OD makes H-shape yo-yos, the Benchmark H is an H-shape yo-yo. Yes, there are more extreme H-shapes around, just like there are more extreme V, W, and O.

22 Likes