Why did you choose 2A and your very first yoyo?

Hey Hans Why did u chose 2a over the other types of Yo-yo play?

Oh yeah my next question Will u choose an another type of yoyoplay or just stay of what u got?

Last question what was your first encounter with your first yo-yo?

2A chose me. When I was 14 (30 years ago) there was no easy way to learn tricks. The books only showed the basic ten tricks. So If I was going to push forward and keep learning I realized I could teach my other hand to do the same ten tricks. Then I learned that playing two-handed was the symbol of the traveling professional…And I became a traveling professional.

5 Likes

I play all types. But I do best with 2A

2 Likes

My first encounter was with a Baseball shaped yoyo found in a friends drawer at 14 years old. Somehow an invisible force guided the slip-knot onto my finger, aimed the yoyo the right way, and threw the yoyo the right way. Very odd as I had never held a yoyo or witnessed anyone play with a yoyo before.

4 Likes

Wow, great explanation I say so we’re you self taught?

1 Like

Very cool , you found it and played basically somewhat as a pro with a responsive yo-yo and you didn’t even knew how to play it

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know but isn’t it difficult with all types?

“Oh I didn’t know but isn’t it difficult with all types?” There didn’t used to be categories of tricks, there were just tricks. The categories have reduced our ability and desire to gain all skill. Instead now we compartmentalize our skill. As a professional we enjoyed being the best in the crowd which meant knowing all the tricks. Period.

2 Likes

Hmm… it’s great how you learned tricks even with a small set of skills I’m amazed but don’t you would think the new generation of yoyo players would learn and make new tricks?

New tricks are invented each and every day.

3 Likes

Inspirational. But some are never really revealed till that player that invented plays, how can we popularize the new tricks made everyday?

Oh yeah how do you think of the future of 2a then back in the 20th century?

1 Like

2A is still as important today as it was then.

1 Like