Why can't I pm anyone

Hi I am hoping someone is good at this site. I literally do not have the option to create any messages or PM anyone. I do not know where to go for help and I do not know why this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi my friend, you only joined the forum 25 minutes ago.

You need to “interact” and get promoted to “Trust Level 1” before being able to send PM’s. Take a look at this page, it explains everything you’re wondering about:

Welcome to YYE!

10 Likes

Thank you so much. This has not been very user friendly so far haha. I just want to participate in the buy and sell but they really gonna make me work for it

2 Likes

I feel you! At the same time though, if you look at it from the community’s perspective, doing BST deals with someone who just joined the forum and hasn’t participated/interacted in any discussions is understandably sketchy, haha. In my view it’s a pretty basic barrier to entry and arguably even too low of a threshold to prevent people from getting burnt. Hope you stick around and enjoy your time here, there’s lots of history on this forum! Would love to see what you have to sell/pick up on the BST eventually as well. See you around!

14 Likes

This helps build trust in the new user by making them participate in the forum to some extent. Also one of the purposes of restricting new users like this is to avoid people registering solely for the purpose of spamming users with spam messages.

You are now at Trust Level 1 — Basic, so you can send a PM…

4 Likes