Who here has a rare General Yo USA Edition Hatrick?

Most probably don’t, unless they’ve been around for a while.

I was always amazed by Vendetta’s work. His ano jobs are some of the coolest I’ve ever seen–in fact, I had a Dingo dipped in Winsauce. This was one of my favorite colorways produced, along with some of SpottedBananas anodizes, which were equally as stunning.

Also, we mustn’t forget Jake when we talk about people who made yoyos look awesome! His paintjobs were great. There was a Lio that he painted fluorescent pink, with jagged green lines radiating from the catch zone–this is the coolest paintjob you will ever see. Take a look!

1 Like

He’s the eggshell guy right?

I like Vendetta.

Man, that’s kind of harsh, no?  This wasn’t painted - it was anodized.  Is there even one other example of a triple fade anodize on a yoyo?  It’s very difficult to do.

Vendetta is a good friend of One Drop and definitely left his mark with the anodizing work he did.  We have kept a sub-forum “museum” of most of the pieces he did:

We are proud owners of one of the USA Hatricks as well as an original Torrent.

2 Likes

The only examples I can think of are the fades you do/did. We need more blue grass and fad to jade!

What about the Zeekio Prism?

I’m glad you like my work! Hope all is well buddy, take care! On a side note, I’d never recommend a 12 year old handle the chemicals I did to anodize. Be safe everyone!

I like you too! ;D

To the rest of you, thanks for the kind words! It’s been so long since I’ve anodized, this thread prompted me to go through old photos of my work which really brought me down memory lane. To be honest, my work was primarily about experimentation and providing people with things they could only think up and wanted to see come to life (at a stupid cheap price, I might add). Not many people had experimented with this type of work at my time, and I’m glad I was able to pave the way for others to some degree.

Enough of the rambling, I know you guys like pictures around here. :smiley:

For the yoyos referenced in this thread, I guess this might be of some interest:

And for those of you who dig the OG Torrent, check it. This is 1 of 2 unengraved, half and half Torrent (my buddy Steve has the other):

One of my favorite pieces:

And finally, what I consider true art. Thing is, I would never say I was great or the best (not even close), but the guy I learned from was quite good and ahead of his time. Behold true beauty:

8 Likes

Vendetta, awesome pics. Love the one with all the red white and blue hatricks.

But…

That last pic… Speechless

p.s. I think I have your old purple 5*v2 :slight_smile: says “for Justin” on the Box

1 Like

Justin!!! Dude great to see you around!!!

Oh man I miss Vendetta! His website was my first yoyo-related bookmark! His work was amazing and for the best prices around. I really wanted a throw done by him, but by the time I came around to it, he was gone! Your work is the best!

Long live NotSoFailAnodizing and Yoyos dipped in Winsauce :slight_smile:

I’m sad to say I’ve missed the boat and hopefully someday I’ll find one on the bst Vendetta done masterpiece (not likely but one can dream right? It’s a shame I cannot get a Chik! With the vendetta spin on it).

Thank you for the museum if sorts on the OneDrop forums David that is a bittersweet trip down memory lane with you guys, bitter because I know I won’t be able to get something done by him, sweet because I he to see the amazing stuff that was done.

Any chance we’ll ever see photos of your famed General-Yo collection that I keep hearing (& drooling) about lol.

I also agree the poster you replied to was extremely harsh :frowning: and made without understanding what went into making that ano work out so nicely (I challenge NathanC to do a better job with a nice 3 color fade, your skills must be on the top of the game and you are a famed and skilled anodizer, right?)

Again thanks for the museum of some awesome work David!

3 Likes

so nice we need to see it twice! i love the collection David! i see some other cool things there too. i am not likely to see some of those yoyos ever again! and thats a really nice box back yonder! :slight_smile:

Yeah that’s a Magnum back there in a special box hand-made by Ernie’s dad. Pretty sweet :slight_smile:

1 Like

I spy with my little eye a BSP!

Well, if you were about to sell one of those to me for the price of a normal one, I wouldn’t bring up that it is special. You could get a great deal of good yoyos from people who don’t know what they are worth. Check out Amazon, they got some Duncans going cheap.

Fantastic collection over there are One Drop.I would really like to see the rest of that counter/shelf whatever it is lol. I spy a couple of fun things, a quake, a walter, what looks to be something in an OG 28 stories colorway, etc, etc…

1 Like

May I ask, what’s the back left one? The red one.

I’m jealous brother! not in a bad way, but that photo makes me drool. i yearn to own a General-Yo in a hand crafted wooden box that is mint and and magnun :slight_smile:

would you be willing to start a thread and show case some of your rare and awesome yoyos?