Which Halo game to start with?

ehh, i’m not too excited for Halo 4. i don’t like Anniversary, and from the previews, it looks like they’re trying too hard to appeal to COD fans. I also feel like Bungie made the right choice in ending Halo. There’s not much you can add to an already-near-perfect, multi-award-winning series that’ll make it better.

From the way you worded it, it sounds like you think Halo 4 will be like Anniversary. Which it won’t be…

How exactly are they trying to appeal to CoD fans? The only thing I can think of is the kill feed, which looks similar.

They’re considering integrating “tap x to respawn” features, and to be honest, it looks more like a COD game than a Halo game. It’s just my opinion, but as a giant Halo fan, I feel it is of worth.

I’ve seen that. There’s a lot about Halo 4 that they are changing and now it’s becoming too much like CoD. One of the great things about Halo is thast it’s not like CoD. I saw a video about it but I can’t find it anymore.

I’ll still get it because I love Halo though.

Ehh, well I’m not thrilled about that idea, it doesn’t make it like CoD. And I’ll have to disagree with you on how it looks. Because frankly it looks nothing at all like CoD. It’s big robot-looking people against aliens instead of plain ol’ soldiers against other soldiers.

And about the respawning, I doubt 343 will put it in. It would ruin certain gametypes (CTF for example).

Halo pro here;
Always start from the beginning. Halo; CE (Anniversary) is possibly the greatest first person shooter ever. It has a great soundtrack, the legendary campaign will challenge you, the story is amazing, and you need the the complete scoop to understand what has and is happening in the Halo-verse to understand where the games are getting at.

BUT!!! Just because CE was the first to come out doesn’t mean you should play it right away.

Reach will give you the plot from the very beginning. And the game itself is going to be timeless.

Start with Reach

[quote=“koenigseggfire,post:26,topic:41236”]
By what logic?

[quote=“LinksLegionaire,post:27,topic:41236”]

I meant the franchise.

[quote=“koenigseggfire,post:28,topic:41236”]

No you didn’t.

[quote=“LinksLegionaire,post:29,topic:41236”]

Yes, I did.

But if you’re convinced that I meant only Reach, then I shall give you reasons why I believe Reach is a timeless game.

1. A tie in to the original Halo
  2. Above average graphics
  3. A great selection of weapons and vehicles
  4. A fantastic multiplayer.
  5. Unlimited creativity and mini-games because of Forge.
  6. Acheivement HORSE.