Which ceramic/ ceramic hybrid bearing is THE one to have?

I’d just go with any 10 ball bearing. Preferably KK

2 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett told me that YYE won’t carry ceramics, and I tend to agree with that statement based on my experience. They’re just not worth the pain and very cantankerous to deal with.

The only minor cool thing about them is the way you can use them to amplify titanium sound but even then… not worth it.

2 Likes

Add that:

• You can wash them with soap and water.

• They might be useful if you live in an environment that promotes corrosion of SS bearings.

• They often tend to sit tighter on the bearing post, so they might smooth out a yoyo with loose seats/posts.

6 Likes

The ones in the yoyoempires are the best bearings I’ve ever played, better than NSK Platinum and barely better than DIf e yo

2 Likes

I agree with everyone else that ceramics aren’t generally better than full on SS. That said, I love my MonkeyFingeR hybrid bearings. They spin gud and have a particular feel that I love. I have a cache of them and put them in my favorite non-OD throws. (ODs all get Boss Rage because my OCD demands it lol.)

Ceramics and hybrids are definitely louder than SS but for size C/r188 bearings, it’s not necessarily noticeable IMO. At least full SS vs hybrid. When I used to mess around with fidget spinners, I’d definitely notice a difference in spin time and noise on 608 bearings.

Love YoYoEmpire but I always have the worst luck with their bearings, even the ceramic ones. Loved the couple of ceramic bearings I got from them but they both locked up after not too long.

1 Like

I’ve had so many and they all perform still flawlessly. I put them in all my Luftverks because it’s the only ones that quiet them down!! :joy::joy:

1 Like

My CLYW Orca was purchased second hand and the bearing in it was (I believe) a hybrid Ceramic (it says ‘ceramic’ on the side) which I thought was fine, if a little loud for quite a while. The other day I decided to switch it out with a standard C sized centre trac and it is like a new yoyo! It now feels like the yoyo plays to it’s ability and I can’t see myself putting the ceramic back in at any point (loud as heck, did I mention that?)

1 Like

I’d be interested to give a full ceramic bearing a go.

1 Like