Where to buy foam for cases?

Does anyone know what stores or websites in the U.S. sell foam? ??? Specifically the more sturdy and compact stuff.
Thanks.

Try this place, I buy from their store all the time. They’re local for me, so I have never used the on-line store.

http://foammart.com/index.php?pg=home&pcat=cases#cases

Do you just mean thick 1/2 inch black foam? Acmoores, micheals, or Joann fabrics carry them. Acmoores also has weekly half off coupons.

Sportsmans Warehouse.com
Look at there handgun cases
Find the Winchester brand cases.

I have one and its a tank. It has removable foam inside of it that I cut some holes in to and it has never failed.

Most craft stores carry some type of foam that will work for a case. Picked some up at Hobby Lobby couple weeks ago, it’s working pretty well.

Every time I’ve made cases, I’ve used anywhere from 2-4" thick green foam (thickness depending on the case, of course)
The green high density foam you can pick up at craft stores is great, and can easily be dyed. Just make sure if you dye it to allow adequate time for drying. 1-2 days atleast, even after thoroughly wringing it out. And use a small tomato paste can to cut it.
You can also try gun cases, or foam used for making seats or bedding.
My only problem with gun cases is they generally have the eggshell foam, or customizable foam (little squares you remove to make whatever shape)

If you have a Joann fabrics, or michael’s, they should have it. And they’ll cut it to whatever size you need.