When will results be up?

I personally was very excited that you won. The crowd of people I was standing next were freaking out because they wanted Tyler to win.

I’m not sure but it looked like a Barracuda.
Here’s the video. Duncan has all the videos uploaded.

Thats wierd. I thought, if jake is on duncan he cant be using his cascade, so whats a duncan thats similar. Baracuda came to mind.

Am i right??? ;D

Good job Jake!

Good job Everyone els!

Does anyone know who is the Girl Yoyo Player of the Year? It’s one of my fave parts of Nationals and I didn’t see it posted amywhere.

Check Yoyonews…

Nope, not there.

You might have to wait a day. Tomorrow everyone should be putting up vids results pics and more…

It has to be Tessa Piccillo. She is downright the best female player in the world. Just my opinion.

My. Favorite. 5A. Performance. Ever.

1 Like

Hmm. Haru made it to the finals in 3 out of the 5 categories. That’s pretty darn solid

At first I thought it was a Cascade to b/c of his vid with it then I realized the Cascade it doesn’t have as many engravings as showed in the vid. I may be wrong though I’m not 100% sure. I cant stop watching his freestyle though its SO GOOD.

He told me a few weeks ago he was throwing his Barracuda around more than his Cascade so…

It wasn’t her this year. It was Stephanie Haight from YoyoJam.

Whos that.

I made it through two vids before closing one just to reply about how stupid it was by Duncan to put that light blue backdrop up for such a major contest. It is way way to light for such a big contest which strings really need to be viewable. Big FAIL!!!

Edit
I just went back to try to watch some other performances and its not even worth it. That is so pathetic. This is the first time I’ve ever spoke negatively about “anything” yoyo related so I’m rather dissapointed. Waited all night to watch all of the finalists performances only to be extremely let down.

I know judges are much closer than the utube vids but still… They had to of had some problems picking up pieces of the string tricks with that backdrop. I’m upset since thought would be able to enjoy quite a few vids before going to sleep and seeing if I agreed with the judges decisions.

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I liked how excited you got when you won. You earned it :slight_smile:

Yeah, she got within the top 10 in 4A. Much props to her for representing for the ladies. 8) Way to go Stephanie!! I love seeing that.

I’m so happy for Gentry Stein…YoyoFactory for the win!! He’s a young guy, so nowhere to go but up from here. I haven’t seen his freestyle, but I bet he used a Shutter. That Shutter was the key to success. I bet YYF is so happy they made that Shutter. :smiley: I love that yo-yo.

Tylor top 10 1A…Massachusetts represent baby whooo!! Nice job Tylor!

Props to YoyoNews for the best coverage of the event. I was on Instagram tuned in.

Congrats to Jake Elliot, fantastic job…thoroughly impressed!! Big win!! I saw the Duncan T-shirt, and if you’re not sponsored by Duncan…what are they waiting for?

1 Like

Nationals has used a blue background in years past, I don’t know if it was all Duncan’s “fault” necessarily. Can anyone confirm/refute this statement?

While a black background would have understandably helped with visibility, in person yesterday, the blue background didn’t really hurt anything. I thought pretty much everyone was very visible and it was quite easy to see string tricks, even if you were across the plaza behind the vendors by the spin top stuff. I haven’t tried to watch any videos yet, but really, in person, stuff looked pretty good.

^
Well. If it didnt pose a problem for those that were there than I guess that’s all that truly matters.

You’re not wrong though. I just watched a few vids online and it is significantly more difficult to see than it was in person. I agree with you.