What's your reaction to this video

how do yall feel about this. I feel like this is true but I want to see what yall think

4 Likes

I agree.
But only for those who are skilled enough and are able to really get the name of the brand out there…whether that’s by going to competitions, through youtube videos, or whatever.
I don’t think just anyone should ask for sponsorship. Sponsoring people costs the companies money…so the people they sponsor have to be worth it for them.

I also STRONGLY agree with what he says in the video…

“None of these things should be done publicly.”

5 Likes

I enjoyed the video. G2Jake makes some really good points, especially it is OK to put yourself on a company’s radar by asking to be sponsored (privately), and, you need to act like it is a job application (it is). That said, if you just got your first yoyo yesterday, today probably isn’t the time to start asking for sponsorship.

Everyone please remember, yoyo companies are businesses, there needs to be return on investment for them as well as for the player they are sponsoring. It is the same with any job, from entry level to CEO.

4 Likes

I’d also add that if you have other skills aside from yoyoing that can help the company, you’ll be more likely to get sponsored. For example, I do photography and graphic design and these are valuable skills for a smaller yoyo company.

6 Likes

Agree, similar to actual jobs I’ve had I think applying, being referred, and being recruited are all viable methods of becoming sponsored.

5 Likes

I agree I think filming is a good if a company likes making yoyo edits

2 Likes

Maturely asking for sponsorship is viable. If you feel as though you can add value to a company and are interested in doing so, make it known to them in a respectful way!

4 Likes

this make sense, when a company wants to sponsor someone its like there trying to find a friend and when your looking for a friend your not going to want to be friends with a jerk or someone who’s rude and someone who does not respect you

2 Likes